Bluetooth compatibiltiy

Reaction score
Hey ... i read somehr on the net that bluetooth is compatible wid Yahoo messenger but whn i tried my nokia bluetooth headset to work wid yahoo so that i coud use it for voice chat ... it didnt work ... so doesn any1 know how i can make it work or it can never work only?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Rule one ... the word "compatability" does no exist, not in computing.

Rule Two ... always remember rule one when reading anything.

;)

Reaction score
yea... they did not mean you could use it for your phone(you already speak to people on your phone)... I think they meant that you can add the Bluetooth USB adapter to your pc and use your headset as a mic for Yahoo Voice...

Reaction score
True

hey ... thanks 4 replyin .. but thats exactly wat i did .. got a usb adapter ... connected it wid my headset but im still unbale 2 use my headset as my mic for yahoo messenger (voice chat) .. so wat do u think i shud do?

Reaction score
well.... try typing properly... ;)

sorry, but all this "txt speak" gets right up my nose....

anyway, you have the USB dongle installed yes? and is it turned on/looking for pairing? and is your headset also turned on and set to receive.? they should "see" each other (read the manuals for each device) but be warned, i tried that back when bluetooth first came out... and apart from looking like a Borg reject, it was not very good....

Reaction score
Hey .. sorry 4 d ambiguity but ya ... my bluetooth headset n usb bluetooth dongle have been paired n connected n they can see each other ... no issues wid that ... but i still cant use my bluetooth headset as a headset for yahoo messenger so is thr any software i need 2 install for yahoo messenger to accpet a bluetooth headset or any settings i need to modify in my computer for it work? i have no clue?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If you are running Windows XP, open My Bluetooth Places and then click Add a Bluetooth device. This should open a wizard. Your headset must be set to be "discoverable" mode (check the manual for your headset if you're not sure how). Once your device is connected, click View my Bluetooth services and make sure My Headset is started.

You do know if you ever get it to work, it will be crap. ;)

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 959

Ask a Question