Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
have an aopen with 2,40GHz cpu , 512mb of ram, Nvidia 32mb graphics card and 40 GIG hard drive .it is runing on windows 7 32 bit. The problem is a blue screen is showing every time l start a game or exit a game.... What might be the problem? PLIZ HELP:wall:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Without knowing what error code you are getting with the BSOD its impossible to say what the problem is. I would have a guess though and say it is your computerthat is seriously under powered to run Windows 7 for one thing, then trying to run a game on it just puts to much stress on it. :D

P.S and by reading the title of your thread you also seem to have a probblem with your keyboard

Reaction score
thank you for responding...this blue screen started showing when l installed that Nvidia 32mb and its no longer playing DVD video

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
That "system" is grossly under spec' for XP and was probably built for Win 98 ... sorry, trying to 'fix-it' would be waste of time & money.

You don't have enough memory to run anything, never mind the operating system.

this blue screen started showing when l installed that Nvidia 32mb
you have Win 7 drivers for that card?

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, Mucks is right, I'm surprised Win 7 is running at all. It would run XP at a pinch but time to upgrade methinks or at the very least change/downgrade to XP.

Reaction score
l changed the memory to 2,5Gb ,windows 7 is now runing wth out a problem but l need a newer graphics card

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
ebay all the way for an AGP card. Something like a 7600gt or something along the Ati 4600 range, like a 4670 or 4650, im sure they come in a 1gb graphics memory.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
TBH, i wouldn't be throwing anymore money at that machine, its pointless. Save for a new PC. :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
TBH, i wouldn't be throwing anymore money at that machine, its pointless. Save for a new PC. :)

+1 to that.

I've been in the same situation. I just kept putting money into an old computer and by the time I had finished it was still around the bottom of the technology table and my pockets were extremely empty. You cant build a half decent gaming PC with an old dated base, you need somewhere decent to start from.

If you spent around £700 on a PC today, it should last you a good 3-5 years of high end gaming.

Reaction score
Thanx guys l'll get a new pc but l'll continue upgrading this one l would love to see it musculer 1 day,an ideas on how to make it faster? And hey when lm using it the Memory usage is not even reaching 80% so should l put in more memory? Pliz help

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ideas on how to make it faster?
you won't make it faster, it what we is telling you.

And hey when lm using it the Memory usage is not even reaching 80% so should l put in more memory? Pliz help
there used to be a saying, unused memory is wasted memory, adding more past the "sweet spot" for the OS is throwing money away that could be used on a new faster system. :)

:user:

Reaction score
no guys, gravity won't certifire me l need ways to make it exeed acceration by gravity..lol
happy new year guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question