Motherboard: ASUS P5ND2-SLI
Processor: Intel Pentium D 830 3.0GHz
Hard Drive: 250GB SATA
RAM: 2x 512MB DDR 667MHz
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1300 PRO
Optical Drive: Pioneer DVR-110D DVD-RW
USB: 4x USB 2.0
Sound Card: 7.1 Channel
Ethernet Adapter: Intel 10/100/100 Gigabit

I was running a program called MediaPortal - www.team-mediaportal.com.
Its a free open source media center similar to the the media center in
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. All of a sudden, while browsing
the menus, I got the blue screen of death. I have never had the blue
screen come up before. The blue screen is the same as this one:

http://www.nilpo.com/pub/images/Windows_XP_BSOD.png

However, I'm not sure if it was the same error code or file.

I restarted the computer and ran MediaPortal again. It hasn't happened
again so far. But, my question is: Is it a problem with my computer
and is it screwed up, or is it a little bug in the software?

Just so you know, there have been other reports of the blue screen of
death coming up while using the program:

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/blue_screen-t8780.html?t=8780&highlight=blue+screen+of+death
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...14.html?t=9414&highlight=blue+screen+of+death
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/blue_screen_total_restart-t7884.html

Thanx

happymac.support

Hi,

Here are my specs:

OSes: Windows XP Pro SP2
[...]

Just to make it a bit clearer, my question is: Should I worry about it?

happymac.support

Just to make it a bit clearer, my question is: Should I worry about it?

Sorry to be impatient but: I havent had a reply yet!!! And I really
need answers right now.

Ron Martell

[...]

If it is not the same error code, same values in all 4 parameters, and
the same file name then it is not the same error. Period.

What are the details of your error code? Without that information it
is impossible to give you any constructive suggestions.

I restarted the computer and ran MediaPortal again. It hasn't happened
again so far. But, my question is: Is it a problem with my computer
and is it screwed up, or is it a little bug in the software?

It could be anything. Without the detailed error information it is
impossible to say.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."

Ron Martell

Sorry to be impatient but: I havent had a reply yet!!! And I really
need answers right now.

Newsgroups are not chat rooms. People are not constantly on line.
Most, including myself, check once or twice a day for new messages and
then post replies to those where they can offer some constructive
suggestions.

You need to wait at least 24 hours (so that users from all parts of
the world have had a chance to see your message) before getting
exceited about the lack of responses.