Thanks,
Mike.

G

I've just tried system restore to last week
3 times and ech time, it failed.

not sure what's up.

J

Jim Elswick

That's bad news. That's what ours did (using restore point to get it to work) just before going down so hard that it cannot boot beyond a blue screen. I've spent close to $200 to have a computer expert come out to try to fix it and he can't (I work in IT myself). I ended up spending 3 of the worst hours of my life on the phone with HP's JD Power Rated and Award Winning Support being transferred to the wrong people, call dropped, on hold over an hour on one attempt and finally connected to a nice Indian lady that told me my operating system (Vista) had crashed (duh!!!). They sent me restore CDs and I was reasonably excited knowing they'd get here today and I might have a working Vista PC again (it was less than 1 month old, but beyond Circuit City's 14 day return period, so I'm over $1,000 poorer and have a huge electronic paper weight of a hot rod PC in my den now. If you are having to use restore points on your Vista PC and are within your store's return period, don't walk, run to turn the piece of crap back into them and get your money back. I'm at my wits end at this point and don't think anyone else should have to go through this if I can help it. Vista was a mistake as we're seeing with many government agencies now cancelling their MS contracts based on the Vista episodes they're experiencing. I think we're out of luck; I think a class action law suit might be the best way to get Microsoft's attention on this one. This operating system should not have been unleashed on the public!

Jim

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question