Blue Screen Error and Slow Laptop

Reaction score
Hello friends.

A while ago my computer started performing extremely slow, I found out that I had a virus. I got everything cleared, atleast I thought I did but recently got a blue screen message that said the following:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DA208, 0xF78D9F08)

It takes about 10-15 minutes for my computer to load. Even when it is loaded completely, programs still take forever. It seems as if my memory has been completely used up.

I tried going to the cmd and format the c:...I got an error that said:

"Format cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Format may run if this colume is dismounted first. ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. Woul you like to force a dismount on this volume? "
I chose yes.
"Cannot lock the drive. The volume is still in use."

I tried to boot the system from the CD drive(operating system installation of windows xp) and then the blue error popped up stated above.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
After running a few programs such as ccleaner and malwarebytes, I dont seem to have any problems with my files so it must have to deal with the hardware? I am not to sure what to do at this point.

Ask a Question