Blue Screen Crash of Death When Inserting memory Key into USB port

Blue Screen crash of Death when memory key installed into USB socket in Dell Precision 650 running Windows 2000 Pro.
Memory Dump taken and available.
Event ID 1001.
Bugcheck 0x00000050, 0xFC001000, 0x00000000, 0xF3EA0B58, 0x00000000
Windows (V15.2195) is at SP4.

Is there a solution for this ?
Thanks!

Jeff Qiu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thanks for posting!

Based on your description, when you insert the memory key (a certain kind
of USB storage), you get a blue screen error.

Based on my experience, this kind of error may occur if the USB storage
driver is not compatible with Windows 2000 or your USB controller driver is
not compatible.

We may isolate it by connect another USB device like USB mouse.

If the mouse doesn't make the system blue screen, the problem should be the
certain Memory Key's driver.

Could you please let me know the exact type of this Memory Key? I will try
to locate a proper driver for you.

Hope this helps.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns or
questions regarding the issue.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Jeff Qiu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE 2k/2k3, MCSA 2k/2k3, MCDBA

From: =?Utf-8?B?am9obi5kZWFuZUBsYW5ndHAuY29t?=
Subject: Blue Screen Crash of Death When Inserting memory Key into USB port
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 02:11:03 -0700
microsoft.public.win2000.hardware

Blue Screen crash of Death when memory key installed into USB socket in
Dell Precision 650 running Windows 2000 Pro.
Memory Dump taken and available.
Event ID 1001.
Bugcheck 0x00000050, 0xFC001000, 0x00000000, 0xF3EA0B58, 0x00000000
Windows (V15.2195) is at SP4.

Is there a solution for this ?
Thanks!

Jeff Qiu [MSFT]

Hello,

How's everything going?

I'm wondering if the suggestion helps or if you have any further questions.
Please feel free to respond to the newsgroups if you need additional help.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Jeff Qiu
Microsoft Online Partner Support