blocky scrolling/ and other problems

Reaction score
Hey guys, im from Colorado, and I just recently came across your wonderfully helpful website, I have two concerns, that I do hope you recently read the thread on blocky scrolling, and I am almost positive that i have to install new drivers, Mt problem is this, My only computer is a Laptop, and i recently uninstalled xp home, and installed XP PRO, first off, i cant afford a new video card, because laptop vid cards are rather expensive, and i am not sure what kind of video car i have, so i dont know what drivers to download, i can give you my laptops specs, and i really hope you guys can help me, Its a SONY VAIO pentium 4, with 448 mb or ram, and an ATI Radeon 64 mb car, thats all i know about the card, the model number on my laptop is PCG-FRV28, god i hope you guys can help, and i really appreciate any responses, thanks again.

Sincerely

Tim Christian

Reaction score
bump, guys i just was researching, and i found out that after i installed xp pro, its not recognizing my graphics card, it says i need to install the software that came with my laptop, and i never received any software, and i have no idea where to download the drivers from, i tried ATI's website, and im lost, i think i have a good idea what graphics card i have, but still having problems, thanks again guys, looking forward to your posts.

Tim

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Oh great work ATI ... you bunch of idiots.

:mad:

Cautim ... click on Windows XP Drivers and Software

then Click RADEON

then CATALYST

then follow what they say to do ... :rolleyes:

Damed if I can "link directly" to that page ???

Reaction score
ok muck, i cant thank you enough for the help, i downloaded that .net thing, then downloaded catalyst, and it says no video card found, try downloading standard vga drivers or somethin to that affect, and i mean i know i have a video card, i actually figured out the model i believe, hope this helps guys, cause i cant take this no graphics card crap anymore, thanks again heres the model of my graphics card> ATI Radeon IGP 345M 64MB (shared))

Tim<who needs help bad lol

Reaction score
on a further note, i tried again, and it says i dont have the necessary hardware i think, and thats impossible, guys what is i to do????

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
perhaps you dont have a ATI card?.... just a thought

muckshifter

Reaction score
Cautim said:
on a further note, i tried again, and it says i dont have the necessary hardware i think, and thats impossible, guys what is i to do????
Relax ... its a box of bits-n-bobs run by some sand that's called a sillycon (sic) chip. :D

Ok, go back to Windows Update Site, and using 'custom' again, check to see if there are any more updates, any updates ... always use 'custom' to check. :thumb: Look also for any drivers.

If nothing is available try this one ...
ATI® Radeon IGP 345M Graphics Controller Driver

Check with WUS first ... :thumb:

Reaction score
Muckshifter, you are a gentleman and a scolar, what can i ever do to repay you, my laptop is finally back to normal, thank you so much for the help, i cant tell you how much this means to me, thank you so very much, and if there is ever anything i can do for you, dont hesitate to ask.

Tim

muckshifter

Reaction score
well you did the work ... ;-)

Glad we got it 'fixed' :thumb:

... your more than welcome. ;)

Ask a Question