Laptop Advice

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i should really post more its been along time since ive posted :mad:

Just a bit of advice really,
im selling my car (the old banger) and im thinking of getting a laptop..

Now the main things i would use it for would be for gaming, Photoshopping videos and music..

now i know that a laptop cannot match the performance of a PC but i was wondering if you could advise me on a decent setup which i could go for between £800 - £850

ive had a look around and i found this on DELL, now im no expert when it comes to laptops so what do you think? will it do the job i want it to do without any lag/freezness :p

Code:
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 4 MB L2-cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English
Base Warranty - 1 Year XPS Premium Hardware Support (incl. Gaming and On-Site Support)
COLOUR CHOICE 2.0 mega pixel Camera & Tuxedo Black for CCFL Display
LCD 15.4" Widescreen™ WXGA (1280x800) TFT Display (220nits) with TrueLife™
BIOMETRIC IDENTIFICATION Biometric Fingerprint Reader with BLACK accent
MEMORY 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
HARD DRIVE 160GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
GRAPHICS CARD NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated graphic memory
OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed 8x DVD+/-RW Slim Slot Load drive, including SW
PRIMARY BATTERY Primary 6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (56 WHr)
BLUETOOTH Dell™ Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module (up to 3Mbps) with Enhanced Data rate 
WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY Intel® Pro Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Mini-Card - Europe - Core 2 Duo Processors
TV Tuner and Remote Control Dell™ Travel Remote Control

Thanks in advance guys :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Looking at the specs there you should have no problem with
vids and music . Photoshop may be a tad slowish but should run ok . The 8600 graphics card will handle quite a few games but will not do very well with newer ones . It would be best to look at some reviews on the card on-line bearing in mind that any results they give will be for a higher spec pc than yours . A 15" monitor is no fun for playing games .

Personally with htat much loot I would build my own . £200 for a 20 or 22" monitor and you have £600/650 for a pc , That would build a pretty darn good gameing rigg . Not top of the hill but good and if you chose your parts right it would be upgradeable aswell .

user.gif

Reaction score
Looks not bad mate, but do you NEED a laptop? Are you going to use it on the move etc? Abarbarian is right, if you do not need to use it on the move, get a PC as for that money you'll a good gaming machine!! :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Abarbarian, some good tips,

at the moment i got no space for another PC, thats why im going for the compact option so i can do stuff on the fly

Although i do game alot on my current PC, its not a priority against the other stuff as the PS3 is fufilling my gaming needs at the moment :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just for comparison, this one is £589 - £709 (depending upon OS) from Novatech, X60i T5500 17" - Intel Core Duo T5500 1.66Ghz 2048Mb DDR2 160Gb SATA HDD DVDRW
:user:

Reaction score
Looks like a nice machine but for game loading and stuff I would suggest a 7200 rpm disc if it's an option.

Ask a Question