Bloated temp folders?

Wowbagger

I have found some folders on my system which seem extremely large. Which of
these can I safely delete? (And where did the bloat come from?)

...\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 (248Mb)

...\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files (136Mb)

Several folders in ..\Local Settings\Temp\ with names ending .tmp.dir00
(various sizes)

200 or so .tmp files in ..\Local Settings\Temp\

Also, I set my disk space for temporary internet files to 50Mb - why are
there 136Mb in the directory?

Thank you

Carey Frisch [MVP]

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp