Blank Space at Bottom of Web?

Oscar

Hey - I posted this previously, but I did a bad job of posing the
question...

I'm developing a web using FP2000. All content is enclosed in tables. I want
the last cell to "sit" on the bottom of the screen display, so that none of
the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this before with no
problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in my browser (IE
6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I click
"Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears and the page looks as
intended.

This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one that works fine,
and I can't find any difference that matters, except perhaps the web that
works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since clicking "Refresh" fixes
the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All suggestions
are appreciated. Thanks for your help.

http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/index.htm

Tom Pepper Willett

What's all this extra code at the bottom?

</center>
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
| Hey - I posted this previously, but I did a bad job of posing the
| question...
|
| I'm developing a web using FP2000. All content is enclosed in tables. I
want
| the last cell to "sit" on the bottom of the screen display, so that none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in my browser (IE
| 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I click
| "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears and the page looks as
| intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except perhaps the web that
| works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All
suggestions
| are appreciated. Thanks for your help.
|
| http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/index.htm

Oscar

Hey Tom -

Thanks for looking at it. I ran the code and all those lines looked legit. I
had an Includes Page nested inside a table that was nested in the main
table....

I reworked the code to take the Includes Page completely outside and below
the main content table and republished to http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/

That cleaned up the code below the Includes checksum, but the Includes page
has a nested table so there's similar code above the checksum. Regardless, I
still get a blank space at the bottom of the page, that goes away when I
click on "Refresh". Any thoughts? Do you still think I have some surplus
code that needs to disappear? Thanks for your help.

Tom Pepper Willett

The code I posted had no opening tags, just closing tags. What content is
supposed to be in there?
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
Understanding FrontPage:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
===
| Hey Tom -
|
| Thanks for looking at it. I ran the code and all those lines looked legit.
| had an Includes Page nested inside a table that was nested in the main
| table....
|
| I reworked the code to take the Includes Page completely outside and below
| the main content table and republished to http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/
|
| That cleaned up the code below the Includes checksum, but the Includes
page
| has a nested table so there's similar code above the checksum. Regardless,
| still get a blank space at the bottom of the page, that goes away when I
| click on "Refresh". Any thoughts? Do you still think I have some surplus
| code that needs to disappear? Thanks for your help.
|
| | > What's all this extra code at the bottom?

| > </center>
| > --
| > ===
| > Tom "Pepper" Willett
| > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| > ---
| > About FrontPage 2003:
| > http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| > FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
| > http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
| > Understanding FrontPage:
| > http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
| > FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
| > ===
| > | question...
| > |
| > | I'm developing a web using FP2000. All content is enclosed in tables.
| > want
| > | the last cell to "sit" on the bottom of the screen display, so that
none
| > of
| > | the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this before with no
| > | problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in my browser
| (IE
| > | 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I click
| > | "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears and the page looks
| as
| > | intended.
| > |
| > | This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one that works
| > fine,
| > | and I can't find any difference that matters, except perhaps the web
| that
| > | works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since clicking "Refresh"
| > fixes
| > | the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All
| > suggestions
| > | are appreciated. Thanks for your help.
| > |
| > | http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/index.htm
| > |
| > |

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

They are not extra Tom. If you open the page in FP2003 and change to
code view you can easily see that they match simply by placing the
cursor in each of them.
Why he has the entire page in a DIV I don't know and that is likely the
cause of the problem.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Murray

Re: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?Not at all. He is a 'belt and bracers' guy -

<center>

If the div doesn't make it center, then the <center> will.

Actually, it would be simpler to get rid of the div *and* the <center> and just make the table center align itself -

By the way - the linked page looked fine to me in IE6.

--
Murray

They are not extra Tom. If you open the page in FP2003 and change to code view you can easily see that they match simply by placing the cursor in each of them.

Why he has the entire page in a DIV I don't know and that is likely the cause of the problem.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?
Subject: Re: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?

What's all this extra code at the bottom?

</center>
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
Understanding FrontPage:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
===

| Hey - I posted this previously, but I did a bad job of posing the
| question...
|
| I'm developing a web using FP2000. All content is enclosed
in tables.
want
| the last cell to "sit" on the bottom of the screen display, so that
| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All
suggestions
| are appreciated. Thanks for your help.
|
| http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/index.htm

Tom Pepper Willett

Gotcha. Thanks, Jens.

Tom
| They are not extra Tom. If you open the page in FP2003 and change to
| code view you can easily see that they match simply by placing the
| cursor in each of them.
| Why he has the entire page in a DIV I don't know and that is likely the
| cause of the problem.
|
| Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

| > |
| > | I'm developing a web using FP2000. All content is enclosed
| > in tables.
| > want
| > | the last cell to "sit" on the bottom of the screen display, so that
| > | none
| > of
| > | the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
| > before with no
| > | problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
| > my browser
| > | (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| > | click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
| > and the page
| > | looks as intended.
| > |
| > | This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
| > that works
| > fine,
| > | and I can't find any difference that matters, except
| > perhaps the web
| > | that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
| > clicking "Refresh"
| > fixes
| > | the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All
| > suggestions
| > | are appreciated. Thanks for your help.
| > |
| > | http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/index.htm
| > |
| > |

Oscar

Re: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?Thanks to everyone for their comments. As info, FP2000 is generating all the <div> tags. Every time I create a table and use the Table Properties window to set table alignment to "center", FP generates the following tags and corresponding closing tags:
<center>

They are not extra Tom. If you open the page in FP2003 and change to code view you can easily see that they match simply by placing the cursor in each of them.

Why he has the entire page in a DIV I don't know and that is likely the cause of the problem.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?

What's all this extra code at the bottom?

</center>
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
Understanding FrontPage:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
===

| Hey - I posted this previously, but I did a bad job of posing the
| question...
|
| I'm developing a web using FP2000. All content is enclosed
in tables.
want
| the last cell to "sit" on the bottom of the screen display, so that
| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All
suggestions
| are appreciated. Thanks for your help.
|
| http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/index.htm

Murray

Re: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?Kowabonga. You are right. When I put a
table on the page, edit the properties of the table tag, and specify that it
be centered, FP2003 wraps the <div align="center"> tag around it. But, I do
not get the deprecated <center> tag. This must be a difference between
FP2000 and 2003.

I wonder why FP does it that way? Seems silly to me, but there must be a
reason I'm overlooking.

--
Murray

Thanks to everyone for their comments. As info, FP2000 is generating all the
to set table alignment to "center", FP generates the following tags and
corresponding closing tags:
<center>

Regardless, I removed all the <div> tags and replaced them with
align="center" within the <table> tag. I did this for the main page and for
the Include Page. I posted it again to http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/. The
source code should now be free of any <div> tags. I still initially get the
blank space at the bottom of the page that disappears when I click "Refresh"
on the browser. What now? All other thoughts and suggestions are most
welcome. Thanks for your help!

They are not extra Tom. If you open the page in FP2003 and change to code
view you can easily see that they match simply by placing the cursor in each
of them.
Why he has the entire page in a DIV I don't know and that is likely the
cause of the problem.
Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?

What's all this extra code at the bottom?

</center>
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
Understanding FrontPage:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
===
| Hey - I posted this previously, but I did a bad job of posing the
| question...
|
| I'm developing a web using FP2000. All content is enclosed
in tables.
want
| the last cell to "sit" on the bottom of the screen display, so that
| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All
suggestions
| are appreciated. Thanks for your help.
|
| http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/index.htm

Steve Easton

Check tools > Page options and see if "Use div tags when centering" is checked. If so uncheck it.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

> [...]

| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All

Good suggestion. In FP2003, I only have (under the General Tab) "Use DIV
tags when Positioning", and whether I enable or disable that one, I still
get the <div align="center> wrapped around the table.

I did not see the option to which you refer. Is the location correct?

--
Murray

Steve Easton said:
> [...]

| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All

Sorry it was "positioning" not "centering."
Also, only have 2002 and 2003 which I checked and "assumed" 2000 would have the same setting.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Steve Easton said:
> [...]

| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All

I have 2003, and it made no difference whether that option was checked or
not. The table was still wrapped with the div. Did you change that for
you?

--
Murray

Steve Easton said:
> [...]

| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All

Make the setting change and then close and reopen FrontPage.
The setting "should" be specific to each web.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Murray said:
> [...]

| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All

Ahh - got it. Thanks!

--
Murray

Steve Easton said:
> [...]

| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with.

Thomas A. Rowe

FP2000 adds both tags when centering a table. I think that was left over from FP98.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Murray said:
> [...]

| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All

OK, I got rid of all my <div> tags, and I've turned off the "Use div
tags..." option (thanks, didn't know that was there!)

Now, back to my original question. When I initially view my web page, I see
a blank space at the bottom of the screen, below the last cell. When I click
on my browser's "Refresh" button, it goes away. How do I permanently
eliminate this blank space? Thanks for all your help.

http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/

align="center" within the said:
tag. I did this for the main page and for the Include Page. I posted it again to
http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/. The source code should now be free of any
initially get the blank space at the bottom of the page that disappears when I click "Refresh" on
the browser. What now? All other thoughts and suggestions are most welcome. Thanks for your help!

They are not extra Tom. If you open the page in FP2003 and change to code view you can easily see
that they match simply by placing the cursor in each of them.

Why he has the entire page in a DIV I don't know and that is likely the cause of the problem.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?

What's all this extra code at the bottom?

</center>
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
Understanding FrontPage:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
===
| Hey - I posted this previously, but I did a bad job of posing the
| question...
|
| I'm developing a web using FP2000. All content is enclosed
in tables.
want
| the last cell to "sit" on the bottom of the screen display, so that
| none
of
| the page bg is visible below this cell. I've done this
before with no
| problems. On the new web, however, when I view the page in
my browser
| (IE 6.0), I initially see a blank space below the last cell. If I
| click "Refresh" on my browser, the blank space disappears
and the page
| looks as intended.
|
| This is driving me crazy. The layout is very similar to one
that works
fine,
| and I can't find any difference that matters, except
perhaps the web
| that works properly is a longer page. Regardless, since
clicking "Refresh"
fixes
| the problem, I'm not sure it's a code problem to begin with. All
suggestions
| are appreciated. Thanks for your help.
|
| http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/index.htm

Tom Pepper Willett

I don't see the blank space anymore.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
Understanding FrontPage:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
===
| OK, I got rid of all my <div> tags, and I've turned off the "Use div
| tags..." option (thanks, didn't know that was there!)
|
| Now, back to my original question. When I initially view my web page, I
see
| a blank space at the bottom of the screen, below the last cell. When I
click
| on my browser's "Refresh" button, it goes away. How do I permanently
| eliminate this blank space? Thanks for all your help.
|
| http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/
|

| | > Check tools > Page options and see if "Use div tags when centering" is
| checked. If so uncheck it.
| >
| > --
| > Steve Easton
| > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| > 95isalive
| > This site is best viewed............
| > .......................with a computer
| >
| | > Re: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?Thanks to everyone for their comments.
As
| info, FP2000 is
| > generating all the <div> tags. Every time I create a table and use the
| Table Properties window to
| > set table alignment to "center", FP generates the following tags and
| corresponding closing tags:
| > <center>
| >
| > Regardless, I removed all the <div> tags and replaced them with
| align="center" within the <table>
| > tag. I did this for the main page and for the Include Page. I posted it
| again to
| > http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/. The source code should now be free of any
| > initially get the blank space at the bottom of the page that disappears
| when I click "Refresh" on
| > the browser. What now? All other thoughts and suggestions are most
| welcome. Thanks for your help!

| code view you can easily see
| > that they match simply by placing the cursor in each of them.
| >
| > Why he has the entire page in a DIV I don't know and that is likely
the
| cause of the problem.
| >
| > Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

| > > |
| > > in tables.
| > > want
| > > of
| > > before with no
| > > my browser
| > > and the page
| > > |
| > > that works
| > > fine,
| > > perhaps the web
| > > clicking "Refresh"
| > > fixes
| > > suggestions
| > > |
| > > |
| > > |

Murray

I do. It's a phantom horizontal scrollbar. I think the way to get rid of
it is to add this to the body tag -

--
Murray

Tom Pepper Willett said:
I don't see the blank space anymore.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
Understanding FrontPage:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
===
| OK, I got rid of all my <div> tags, and I've turned off the "Use div
| tags..." option (thanks, didn't know that was there!)
|
| Now, back to my original question. When I initially view my web page, I
see
| a blank space at the bottom of the screen, below the last cell. When I
click
| on my browser's "Refresh" button, it goes away. How do I permanently
| eliminate this blank space? Thanks for all your help.
|
| http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/
|

| | > Check tools > Page options and see if "Use div tags when centering" is
| checked. If so uncheck it.
| >
| > --
| > Steve Easton
| > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| > 95isalive
| > This site is best viewed............
| > .......................with a computer
| >
| | > Re: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?Thanks to everyone for their
comments.
As
| info, FP2000 is
| > generating all the <div> tags. Every time I create a table and use the
| Table Properties window to
| > set table alignment to "center", FP generates the following tags and
| corresponding closing tags:
| > <center>
| >
| > Regardless, I removed all the <div> tags and replaced them with
| align="center" within the <table>
| > tag. I did this for the main page and for the Include Page. I posted
it
| again to
| > http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/. The source code should now be free of
any
| > initially get the blank space at the bottom of the page that
disappears
| when I click "Refresh" on
| > the browser. What now? All other thoughts and suggestions are most
| welcome. Thanks for your help!

| code view you can easily see
| > that they match simply by placing the cursor in each of them.
| >
| > Why he has the entire page in a DIV I don't know and that is likely
the
| cause of the problem.
| >
| > Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

| > > |
| > > in tables.
| > > want
| > > of
| > > before with no
| > > my browser
| > > and the page
| > > |
| > > that works
| > > fine,
| > > perhaps the web
| > > clicking "Refresh"
| > > fixes
| > > suggestions
| > > |
| > > |
| > > |

Oscar

I added scroll="auto" to the body tag and published. The blank space is
still there in my browser. Other suggestions? Thanks.

Tom Pepper Willett said:
I don't see the blank space anymore.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
FrontPage 2003 Product Information:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/default.mspx
Understanding FrontPage:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/frontpage/
FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Support Center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;fp10se
===
| OK, I got rid of all my <div> tags, and I've turned off the "Use div
| tags..." option (thanks, didn't know that was there!)
|
| Now, back to my original question. When I initially view my web page, I
see
| a blank space at the bottom of the screen, below the last cell. When I
click
| on my browser's "Refresh" button, it goes away. How do I permanently
| eliminate this blank space? Thanks for all your help.
|
| http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/
|

| | > Check tools > Page options and see if "Use div tags when centering" is
| checked. If so uncheck it.
| >
| > --
| > Steve Easton
| > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| > 95isalive
| > This site is best viewed............
| > .......................with a computer
| >
| | > Re: Blank Space at Bottom of Web?Thanks to everyone for their
comments.
As
| info, FP2000 is
| > generating all the <div> tags. Every time I create a table and use the
| Table Properties window to
| > set table alignment to "center", FP generates the following tags and
| corresponding closing tags:
| > <center>
| >
| > Regardless, I removed all the <div> tags and replaced them with
| align="center" within the <table>
| > tag. I did this for the main page and for the Include Page. I posted
it
| again to
| > http://www.wacweb.com/deviec/. The source code should now be free of
any
| > initially get the blank space at the bottom of the page that
disappears
| when I click "Refresh" on
| > the browser. What now? All other thoughts and suggestions are most
| welcome. Thanks for your help!

| code view you can easily see
| > that they match simply by placing the cursor in each of them.
| >
| > Why he has the entire page in a DIV I don't know and that is likely
the
| cause of the problem.
| >
| > Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

| > > |
| > > in tables.
| > > want
| > > of