Windows XP bitmap error

Reaction score
I am runing xp pro and have being having nightmares with aol. eventually it would seem that the problem is that I need to install the broadband modem drivers. however to do this you have to remove the old ones. when i try and do this it pops up "error cant open bitmap" has anybody gat any ideas?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That happened to me a while ago.

Providing you have AOL 9.0, and Voyager 100/105 I will asume you have.

The easiest way is to go Start>All Programs>AOL>AOL System Information. Then go to 'WAOL' Then click 'Data Folder' Then click on C_AOL 9.0>ukpppoecswitch(Or the closest to it) Then click Voyager 100 (Is that your modem?) You will see an app called 'doctor100' Use that to uninstall the modem, it will clean out all the crap they leave behind. (Thats what AOL told me anyway!) Reboot and install the new drivers.

Sorry its a bit of a mission, but it is needed. :)

That should do the trick. If not post back and i'll have another look. :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
worked a treat bitmap error

Worked first time and now running sweetly. Thankyou very much for your advice.I am surprised aol help told you about this because they threw their hands in the air and said it was a windows fault after they couldn't fix it, i guess thats helplines for you. Many thanks again

jim sheldon

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
jsheldon said:
Worked first time and now running sweetly. Thankyou very much for your advice.
Good stuff, i'm glad it worked. :thumb:

Foget using the AOL help, be it online or over the phone. Its crap! Your best bet is to post in a forum like this. It shouldn't be like that i know. But its the easiest way. ;)
I am surprised aol help told you about this because they threw their hands in the air and said it was a windows fault after they couldn't fix it
I was persistent! They just read off a screen, and only have a few answers! It doesn't help that their english is also rubbish! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I gathered as much, to be honest for the most aprt Ive had loads of problems in the past with many a computer pundit telling me to stay well clear of aol. When I ve been into shops and tell them im with aol they just roll their eyes. I can gurrentee there will be problems when the replacemnt for xp comes out next year? If it wasn't for the hassle of changing e mail addresses I would probabley move when my contract is up. Thanks once again I will use this site in future. cheers

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah they aint popular, thats for sure....

I will be changing isp next year sometime. The best way to get rid of it is to do a format and reinstall. Thats what i'll be doing.

By the way i dont use the aol software at all, just use the DUN. Firefox for internet and Thunderbird for email. ;)

Ask a Question