Bitlets

Susan Bugher

has auto paste (also available in Treepad and Keynote). . . plus
encryption. . .

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Text-editors/Bitlets.shtml

<q>
Developer: Brian Shepherd
License: Freeware
OS: Windows All
Size: 195 KB

This is a convenient desktop program for those bitlets. It is in effect
a free form database with a single key field and the ability to search
all records. Keep notes, recipes, addresses, program bits, snippets of
interest or almost any sort of text information tucked away for when you
may need it.

Bitlets is a software that helps you to store and manage text notes.

Quick and simple, copy and paste or set the program to monitor the
clipboard. You can also set the program to automatically save bitlets
when the ClipMonitor is on, enhancing your clipboard to save any text
you copy to clipboard for future use. If you are a little paranoid about
some or all of your data then you can also encrypt it using RC4.

Extract and run bitlets.exe from anywhere. It will create an ini file of
the same name to hold the information. When run, it will place an icon
in your tray which on clicking will show/hide the program. Put a
shortcut on your desktop for full flexibility or if you find it really
useful, put a shortcut in your Startup Folder.
</q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Matt

[...]

Very nice!

Thanks!

me

has auto paste (also available in Treepad and Keynote). . .
plus encryption. . .

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Text-editors/Bitle
ts.shtml

<q>
Developer: Brian Shepherd
License: Freeware
OS: Windows All
Size: 195 KB
-snip-

Thanks for the info.

It's a very nice idea but the implementation isn't the best.

Buttons "overflow" the window, chaotic tabbing order, does not
retain its settings, ...
Possibly (I'd appreciate a second opinion) nagware?

Susan Bugher

It's a very nice idea but the implementation isn't the best.

Buttons "overflow" the window, chaotic tabbing order, does not
retain its settings, ...
Possibly (I'd appreciate a second opinion) nagware?

Thanks for the feedback. Bitlets seems to be in active development so
improvements may come. Haven't tried it yet - I'm playing catch-up -
have a huge backlog of apps to list on the ACF pages - posting some
other apps I run across while doing that.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

me

Thanks for the feedback. Bitlets seems to be in active
development so improvements may come. Haven't tried it yet
- I'm playing catch-up - have a huge backlog of apps to
list on the ACF pages - posting some other apps I run
across while doing that.

Susan

Hi Susan,

I got an email from Brian - ver. 1.2 is now available (~203 KB).
My feedback should be on hold until I try the new version. Also,
Brian (the developer) likes a feedback.

Susan Bugher

I got an email from Brian - ver. 1.2 is now available (~203 KB).

aha - Bitlets is listed on his home page now. :) None of his other apps
though. . . :(

http://chesterway.co.uk/
http://chesterway.co.uk/software/bitlets.zip
My feedback should be on hold until I try the new version. Also,
Brian (the developer) likes a feedback.

Thanks much for the update.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

<q>
Bitlet - that bit of information you once read, didn't save and haven't
a clue where you saw it!

Bitlets is a convenient and simple text database program to help you
keep that information where you can find it. Store notes, recipes,
program bits, web addresses or anything else safely tucked away for when
you may need them. Quick and simple to use, copy and paste or set the
program to monitor the clipboard.
Brian has released v1.3 yesterday (files dated 2-9-06).
It has many improvements, succintly summarized in the doc.
It's ready for "prime time."

Thanks for the progress report. For those who are interested - the site
still says v 1.2 but the download yesterday was:

v 1.3.8.19
http://chesterway.co.uk/software/bitlets.zip
204 KB

grumble. . . I wish authors would put the fine print on the web page.

The site just says FREEWARE - the readme says: "This software is
FREEWARE and permission is granted for anyone to use this software for
their own personal use."

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware