BioShock Copy Protection Tool

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Many users of the popular BioShock PC game may have experienced problems with the SecuROM copy protection system. This limited the number of installs, causing problems for those who formatted or moved to a new system.

A tool has been released that allows you to "uninstall" your game from one system (via registration), allowing it to be used another time.

The activation revoke tool is available from the 2kGames official website, along with a FAQ:

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/revoketool.html

Q: What is the BioShock Revoke Tool?

A: The BioShock Revoke Tool will de-activate the current license on the computer contact the activation server to free up the activation, for future use.

Q: Do i need the internet to run this tool?

A: Yes, you will need internet to run this tool, as it will need to free up your activation credit.

Q: If I uninstall BioShock on my computer and re-install it again without changing anything, will I use up an activation?
A: No! As long as you have not changed any major hardware component, such as a motherboard, hard disc drive or DVD ROM drive, you will not be asked to re-activate BioShock as it will use the activation information (activation license) from your previous installation.

Attachments

• bioshock.jpg
    bioshock.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 702

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just like Windows innit?

Tell ya what, much as I've enjoyed Bioshock (2 levels to go) I will not subscribe to this crap ever ever again.

Once I buy a game I figure I'm free to install it on my computer(s) as and when I see fit. If I do a clean install, should my £30.00 game become redundant?

I ain't mad keen on Steam as well tbh, but at least that works, one activation code, your URL, your password and username - no probs.

X-Box 360 starting to look tempting, apart from Gamepad only.....

Some people may argue 2K_Games are lucky their Games aren't hacked as little as they are....

Anyway, whatever, their attitude cheeses me off rotten.

Four installs and you're out.

Oh, so I've just paid £30.00 for a fairground ride have I? Once it's over, it's over. I thought when I bought a game I could use the licence for life.... :mad:

Ask a Question