BIOS boot

Robert Moir

Lanwench said:
sometimes you
have to wave a chicken foot over the keyboard and chant voodoo
curses.

I *told* you not to order those cheap "kompac" computers from ebay. I TOLD
you there was a reason they were that cheap...

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

But it was a bargain! And FlyByNite Enterprises gave me a 100-year warranty.

Oh, I saw a big industrial-sized tub of MCSE certs at Costco. Now you're
going to go and tell me it isn't a good buy, aren't you....

Robert Moir

Lanwench said:
But it was a bargain! And FlyByNite Enterprises gave me a 100-year
warranty.

Oh, I saw a big industrial-sized tub of MCSE certs at Costco. Now
you're going to go and tell me it isn't a good buy, aren't you....

That depends if I can borrow some or not. I'm fresh out.

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]

I'd rather it stay a frog and not a BIOS guru (errrr prince), thank you very
much <g>

--
--Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server]
http://www.imbored.biz - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
Did you kiss it?
I like the voodoo BIOS boards personally.

It's got an excellent password feature. I found out someone was a
"pro" at cracking BIOS passwords so I told him to try my new
Kompac....anyway I'm not sure what happened to him or if he ever came
by, but when I came home there was a new pet frog sitting next to my
computer

Robert Moir said:
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
sometimes you
have to wave a chicken foot over the keyboard and chant voodoo
curses.

I *told* you not to order those cheap "kompac" computers from ebay.
I TOLD you there was a reason they were that cheap...

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]

Maybe I should try one out for you...see if it's good or not

--
--Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server]
http://www.imbored.biz - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step
tutorial site :)
Only reply by newsgroup. If I see an email I didn't ask for, it will be
deleted without reading.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

<sniffs, winces, hands glass to Jonathan>

Does this taste funny to you?

Robert said:
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
sometimes you
have to wave a chicken foot over the keyboard and chant voodoo
curses.

I *told* you not to order those cheap "kompac" computers from ebay.
I TOLD you there was a reason they were that cheap...

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

MCSE frequently leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Usually the boot-camp
variety.
Got a funky odor...I wouldn't put that in my mouth...

You might want to see a doctor...

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<sniffs, winces, hands glass to Jonathan>

Does this taste funny to you?
Maybe I should try one out for you...see if it's good or not

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
message But it was a bargain! And FlyByNite Enterprises gave me a 100-year

Robert Moir wrote:
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
sometimes you
have to wave a chicken foot over the keyboard and chant voodoo
curses.

I *told* you not to order those cheap "kompac" computers from
ebay. I TOLD you there was a reason they were that cheap...

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]

hm...

--

Robert Moir wrote:
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
sometimes you
have to wave a chicken foot over the keyboard and chant voodoo
curses.

I *told* you not to order those cheap "kompac" computers from
ebay. I TOLD you there was a reason they were that cheap...

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Ah, but neither you or I paid an insane amount of money for a weekend of
rote memorization....at least, I can say as much for myself, and suspect the
same of you.

I got my MVP award because I have no life and spend an awful lot of time in
the NGs! <sniffles>
Agreed.

Wait a second -- is MVP an allowed set of letter? :)

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
I've just seen far too many insanely ignorant questions from people
posting with a buncha initials in their sigs.
hm...

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
message MCSE frequently leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Usually the
boot-camp variety.

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP] wrote:
Got a funky odor...I wouldn't put that in my mouth...

You might want to see a doctor...

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
in message <sniffs, winces, hands glass to Jonathan>

Does this taste funny to you?

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP] wrote:
Maybe I should try one out for you...see if it's good or not

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<[email protected]>

Robert Moir wrote:
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
sometimes you
have to wave a chicken foot over the keyboard and chant
voodoo curses.

I *told* you not to order those cheap "kompac" computers from
ebay. I TOLD you there was a reason they were that cheap...

Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP]

I got my MVP award because I have no life and spend an awful lot of time
in
the NGs! <sniffles>

Didn't we all? :)

--

Robert Moir wrote:
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
sometimes you
have to wave a chicken foot over the keyboard and chant
voodoo curses.

I *told* you not to order those cheap "kompac" computers from
ebay. I TOLD you there was a reason they were that cheap...

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

The operating system is immaterial. Only you know what
motherboard and BIOS you have, so only you know the answer to your
question. ;-}

In the extremely unlikely event that your PC's manual doesn't
contain the needed information, try one or both of the following:

How do I access my computer's setup (BIOS)
http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/2157.html

Wim's BIOS Page
http://www.wimsbios.com/

Accessing Motherboard BIOS