Big ol' Speakers?

Reaction score
To go with my new room and computer and all, over the next few weeks I'm looking to blow some cash on a speaker system. I was thinking as I do play a good few FPS's, a 5.1 speaker set would be handy. Also it would clutter my room less for them to be hanging on the wall.

The main thing is though to have top notch music quality, and i'm probably right in thinking a massive stereo would have better quality?

Looking around, there appears to be no mid-range 5.1 systems, and it jumps from your standard £60 job to £200 mega systems, and while I could probably stretch to £200 for it, it would make me bankrupt and probably starve and die.

So im stuck. Do you reckon a £60 job would be alright? Or would it infringe too much on music quality?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If you already have a hi-fi, then you could hook up the pc to that for your music and have a decent pair of 5.1 headphones for gaming.

I got the Medusa 5.1 Home edition, they sound great with the X-FI, can hear people creeping up on me and round corners etc.... ;)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i have a set of the logitech z 5400 speakers. they are 5.1 and they sound fantastic! I Think they are around £125., They are also good because they have thx and they have multiple inputs so you can play your ipod through them, your pc through them and it supports coaxial inputs and a digital input. at the moment they are £119 including vat from www.pixmania.com thats where i got mine from very good service :thumb:

edit: just forgot to mention with these that the sub woofer is enourmous! So it provides a very strong and loud (if you would like) bass :D

The woofer is about 40cmx40cmx40cm approx

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im stuck then.

I'm aware my family doesnt want to hear the sound of guts being splayed on the wall at 30000 decibels, but I woud like the atmousphere.

But buying a massive £200 hifi would probably make music sound better than any pc speaker system.

Can I link up the hifi speakers to the computer? It would just be phono ports wouldnt it?

Ask a Question