Best way to make DVD of a PP slide show?

dorayme

I am having a go at making a slide show in PP 2007, there is
music too, no other voice over. I chose PP because I thought this
would be something most could see on their computers (rather than
iPhoto or Quicktime - mostly I work on Macs).

Is there a reliable way of embedding the software that enables
anyone on any computer to see the slide show which works ok on my
Windows OS when I go to play my saved PP slide show? Or should I
just burn the file to DVD and trust that the user has some Office
like program (MS or OpenOffice or NeoOffice etc) that will play
it.

A recommended article, URL, on how to prepare a DVD would be
appreciated. Does it play auto when a user inserts the DVD? And
stuff like this, I better know.

Thanks in advance.

Panic

Download the free PowerPoint Player and add it to your DVD. Include
instructions on how to use it. If the end user doesn't already have
PowerPoint or the PowerPoint Player on his computer I recommend to them that
they install the PowerPoint Player on the DVD to their hard drive. That way
they can always view PPT/PPS programs even if they are attached to emails.

If you want it to play on a DVD player for a TV, and have Windows 7,
download the free Windows Live Essentials. That includes Windows Live Movie
Maker. It will make a .wmv movie out of what ever shows on your monitor.
You can start PPT slide show and make it a video movie. If you just want to
make a slide show of pictures I use Windows Live Photo Gallery (part of
Windows Live Essentials). That zooms the pictures in and out and moves them
left/right for a little action. When you choose to record from that you can
click on add audio and choose any audio file on your computer as background
music.

Panic said:
"dorayme" wrote in message

I am having a go at making a slide show in PP 2007, ...
Is there a reliable way of embedding the software that enables
anyone on any computer to see the slide show ...

A recommended article, URL, on how to prepare a DVD would be
appreciated. Does it play auto when a user inserts the DVD? And
stuff like this, I better know.
Download the free PowerPoint Player and add it to your DVD.

Yes, OK. Is there a way that the slideshow will simply play
automatically, for example, by using the added PP player on the
DVD?

dwight genius

You can convert and burn the PowerPoint slideshow to DVD so that the DVD can be played with any DVD-drive or DVD-player on any OS. Here are two methods:

Method A (Free):
1.Save your PowerPoint slides as images like jpg or png in Mirosoft PowerPoint
2.Import these pictures into Windows Movie Maker and make a video.
3.Make a DVD from the output video using Windows DVD Maker (only available for Windows 7 or Vista)

Method B (Easy):
Burn a PowerPoint presentation onto DVD directly with a PowerPoint to DVD converter like Leawo PowerPoint to DVD
http://www.leawo.com/powerpoint-to-dvd/

Notice: All your PowerPoint original elements like animations, transitions, video clips and sounds will be removed when you save your powerpoint slides as images using Method A.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
ASP.NET Generic Cookie Utility Class
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...66a7/aspnet-generic-cookie-utility-class.aspx

[...]

JQuery Templates and the Topsy Otter Twitter Search API
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...s-and-the-topsy-otter-twitter-search-api.aspx

[...]

Parsing JSON to C# Classes Via Topsy Otter API and JSON.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...-classes-via-topsy-otter-api-and-jsonnet.aspx

[...]

SQL Server Best Practices
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...a-eca25b6cd427/sql-server-best-practices.aspx

[...]

ASP.NET In-Memory Image Control with Built-In Resizing of Posted File
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...rol-with-builtin-resizing-of-posted-file.aspx

[...]

Stock Quotes via jQuery-enabled WCF Service, JSON, and jQuery Templates
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...ed-wcf-service-json-and-jquery-templates.aspx

[...]

JSONP AJAX and ASP.NET Demystified
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b83e65/jsonp-ajax-and-aspnet-demystified.aspx

dwight genius said:
You can convert and burn the PowerPoint slideshow to DVD so that the DVD can
be played with any DVD-drive or DVD-player on any OS. Here are two methods:

Method A (Free):
1.Save your PowerPoint slides as images like jpg or png in Mirosoft
PowerPoint
2.Import these pictures into Windows Movie Maker and make a video.
3.Make a DVD from the output video using Windows DVD Maker (only available
for Windows 7 or Vista)

Method B (Easy):
Burn a PowerPoint presentation onto DVD directly with a PowerPoint to DVD
converter like Leawo PowerPoint to DVD
http://www.leawo.com/powerpoint-to-dvd/

Notice: All your PowerPoint original elements like animations, transitions,
video clips and sounds will be removed when you save your powerpoint slides
as images using Method A.

Well, Method A is not much good then! Even for the price! <g>

But thanks for the information. I better look at Method 2.

I made a PPP and opened it on a Mac and pretty well all same
original elements were missing! Looked good on Windows.

Why did you post nearly ten times?

dorayme

dwight genius said:
You can convert and burn the PowerPoint slideshow to DVD so that the DVD can
be played with any DVD-drive or DVD-player on any OS. Here are two methods:

Method A (Free):
1.Save your PowerPoint slides as images like jpg or png in Mirosoft
PowerPoint
2.Import these pictures into Windows Movie Maker and make a video.
3.Make a DVD from the output video using Windows DVD Maker (only available
for Windows 7 or Vista)

Method B (Easy):
Burn a PowerPoint presentation onto DVD directly with a PowerPoint to DVD
converter like Leawo PowerPoint to DVD
http://www.leawo.com/powerpoint-to-dvd/

Notice: All your PowerPoint original elements like animations, transitions,
video clips and sounds will be removed when you save your powerpoint slides
as images using Method A.

Just one further question: I have my slide show in Windows PPP
2007 and have saved it to disk. It works fine on my Win XP OS
(actually running on a Mac in VirtualBox, but never mind this),
but if I open in OpenOffice on the Mac OS (and probably even on
OpenOffice in Windows), only the slides show, the music or the
themes are absent (the speaker icon is there on the right slides
OK but no sound and plain white background and you have to
manually advance instead of in my show which advances at a set
timing)

To keep it simple for the moment, let me accept that people must
be on Windows and have PP or a PP reader. But are the themes,
timing of transitions, animations, embedded in the PPP that I
saved? I know to include the mp3 files I used and have them in
the same folder as the PPP. (That is how I made the show). I know
they play on my XP Win OS but is that because the program is
being fired up and knows where to collect the themes and
transitions etc from its resources (which a PPP reader or a
different version of PP - I am using 2007 - might not have, or
should I not worry about this?)

dorayme

Just one further question: I have my slide show in Windows PPP
2007 and have saved it to disk. It works fine on my Win XP OS
(actually running on a Mac in VirtualBox, but never mind this),
but if I open in OpenOffice on the Mac OS (and probably even on
OpenOffice in Windows), only the slides show, the music or the
themes are absent (the speaker icon is there on the right slides
OK but no sound and plain white background and you have to
manually advance instead of in my show which advances at a set
timing)

To keep it simple for the moment, let me accept that people must
be on Windows and have PP or a PP reader. But are the themes,
timing of transitions, animations, embedded in the PPP that I
saved?

Yes.
[/QUOTE]

Good. I have loaded up my work to a server and I have not yet got
feedback or tested myself. But if it is embedded, that is
something not to worry about.

Actually, you must put the MP3s in the same folder as the PPT BEFORE you add
them
to the presentation.

Yes, That is what I did. In fact days back, I re-inserted the
same music by having the tunes loose in the same folder as the
PPP file (rather than in a folder of their own which, in turn,
was in a folder holding the PPP file). Now I have a folder with
loose mp3 files inside and just the PPP file, all zipped up and
loaded to a server for communication with the people that need to
see it, approve it etc.

If you're saving in PPTX (ie, PPT 2007) format, earlier versions of
PowerPoint on
Windows, versions earlier than 2008 on Mac and some viewers may not be able
open the file at all. Same *may* be true of Open Office (though ISTR that it
can
open the newer file format; I'd be surprised if it didn't).

You can save from 2007 to the 97-2003 format, which any version of PPT from
97
(Windows) or 98 (Mac) can open. Earlier versions may not support all of the
transitions and effects that 2007 does though. Best bet is to keep a copy in
PPTX format, save a new copy to 97-2003/PPT format and test on a PC or two
with
older versions of PPT / the viewer.

Thanks for this tip. I will try to carry it out, I have no ready
access to older PCs but will enquire. Anyway, I can always
provide alternative Saved As's