Best PVR

Reaction score
Hi,

Im thinking of buying a PVR, any idea's on best one? I want to subscribe to Setanta sports so it would need a card slot, but im not sure if there are lots of different types of card slot etc. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bodhi

Reaction score
I've got a laptop with a 60Gb hard drive mate, probably not the most practical for me im afraid! haha.

Quite keen to buy a PVR now, just not sure as I don't know that much about them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you want the best, then some of the newer Humax boxes are pretty good - but can be pricey. How much have you got to spend, and what do you need it to do :)

Reaction score
Yeah, i'd done a little bit of research but wanted to see what other people thought.

I've looked at the Humax 9200 which looks pretty good.

Basically, I want it to be able to record TV, probably a couple at a time, freeview. But importantly, I want to sign up to Setanta next football season so would like it to be able to take the Setanta card. Problem is, some PVR's come with top up card slot, but not sure if this is what takes the Setanta card or not. Keep reading about a CAM or something. Confused!!

Ask a Question