Humax 9200

Reaction score
Hey,

Might have already asked you this, but can't remember! haha.

I want to get Setanta next season for the football, I also want to be able to record tv. I was going to buy the Humax 9200 as it's meant to be great, but don't think the card slot it has is what i need for the setanta card. Apparantly I need something called a 'CAM'. Anyone know what this is and if i need to buy it seperately?

Thanks.

Bodhi

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The CAM is just a card reader that slots into a TV usually flat screens that have freeview built in already, you then just have to insert your setanta card into the cam itself and the cam fits into a slot that looks a little like an IDE slot with lots of pins sticking out that fit into the CAM when inserted, your appliance TV or whatever then reads the card and unscrambles the signal so you can watch setanta or other premium content..

There are individuals who sell them on ebay with the setanta card all in with usually 1 months free viewing of Setanta in with the price..Or you could contact Setanta direct and they should be able to help you with the card and the CAM

http://www.setanta.com/en/UK/

Happy viewing mate...

Reaction score
Thanks Crazylegs,

Do you know what the 'slot' that you insert the CAM into is called? Just wondering if the Humax 9200 has one of those, my TV doesn't.

Bodhi

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
A CAM is a Conditional Access Module, and as crazy says you will need one for the Humax and it has the required 'common interface' slot for it - card and CAM costs around £30 :thumb:

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks guys, i'll get myself a Humax and CAM in time for the new footie season! :)

Ask a Question