Belkin pre n problems

Reaction score
hi
i am looking to buy a belkin pre-n setup and need to know what i need to make it work with my "homecall" broadband account. It uses a USB ADSL modem connected straight to the pc. To access the internet on my pc i click on a homecall icon and a password verification program loads does something and then we can access the internet.

How can i setup a belkin pre-n network for three pc's with this setup please?
thanks

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Unfortunately you cant use the Belkin Pre-n router with a USB ADSL Modem. You will need to get a combined ADSL Router and discard the modem. When you set-up it will detect your ADSL settings automatically, you just need to input your username/password etc.

If networking 3 PCs and they aren't going to be near each other, then you will need a wireless ADSL Router. You connect one PC to the router via cable, then wirelessly connect the other 2. If the other 2 PCs dont have wireless capability then you will need to purchase wireless cards for them. When all 3 are connected you run the Windows Networking Wizard and off you go....

Have a look at this website HERE, it gives good guidance including a Wizard to help you select your equipment.

Ask a Question