Belkin KVM Switching Problem

Reaction score
Using a Belkin USB KVM switch.( one Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor running two computers) Windows XP on both.
Pressing the button or use of the switching software icon works OK but sometimes it switches over to the second computer and then jumps straight back. It leaves the other computer stranded for switching it off.
Anyone had this and resolved it ?

Reaction score
Wellcome to PCReview:wave:
What the model of Belkin KVM do you have?
How long have you had the KVM for?

Reaction score
Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch USB Model F1DK102U

Had it about 6 months but it is only recently that I have had 2 pcs both with Windows XP SP2 all updates. One PC the one that tends to switch back immediately has XP Pro. Although it does say in the manual avoid standby mode. I have set the power scheme to screensavers off and hard disk and monitor always on as I thought that could be a possible reason.
I have the correct mouse driver and keyboard drivers as per manual.
Switching can be done three ways. Press ScrLk 2 x in 2 secs, Press the switch on the Belkin Device or use the icon that the software installs. Belkin Support do seem to respond to Emails
Thanks

Reaction score
This may help

I've never had a problem that you mention when using a KVM, i'm surprised about Belkin, but it is the weekend so they may not have many tech's on, but i have googled your problem.

The best for advice seems the first 2, both the same site, the first has a live chat box that may help you find a solution.
2nd one is their knowledge base.

Try
www.kvms.com/2-port-kvm-switch.asp
www.kvms.com/kvm-switch-knowledge-base.asp

Or http://directron.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=srchf&s=476097824
And in the keyword section type in "KVM"

Hope this helps & feed back is always welcome;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
No one seems to have had this problem on the forums. Belkin did email suggesting I swap over between the two computers. If the problem then occurs on the other PC it will possibly be a fault in the built in connector leads.
Tried this and yes it does swap the fault.
Now raised a RMA.
Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Good News

I got a response from Belkin Support
I am not imagining the problem as I thought,

Thanks for contacting Belkin Technical Support.
WE have seen that problem before and I will prefer to replace the KVM you have for a different model.
Could you send to me all your details so I can do the replacement for you?

How do I close off this thread ?

Ask a Question