HP 22" Monitor Not Recognised As Plug & Play Through KVM Switch

Reaction score
I have two PCs which I use via a KVM switch. PC 1 recognises my HP w2207h monitor as Plug and Play, hence the KVM switch must allow DDC communication, however, PC2 does not recognise the monitor as Plug and Play and hence just sets monitor as Default, i.e. no DDC communication. However, if I connect monitor directly to PC2 then it gets recognised as a Plug and Play monitor.
Therefore, both graphics cards must be able to recognise monitors as Plug and Play. And both graphics cards have been updated with latest drivers.
Incidentally, I have tried two different KVM switches with the same results on both, so I don't believe these to be the problem.
Am I going to have to buy a new graphics card for PC2? Even though the graphics card in PC1 (which works) is about 3 years older than the one in PC2 (which doesn't seem to work with the KVM switch in between the monitor and itself!).
Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
DHL

System Details:
PC1 - Windows XP Home, Norton AntiVirus, AdAware, ADSL (ZyXel Router), ATI Radeon 9700 TX graphics card
PC2 - Windows XP Home, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus, AdAware, ADSL (ZyXel Router), Asus EAX1300PRO graphics card.

Ask a Question