-----Original Message-----
From: Rick [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: 28. juli 2005 07:44
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: behaviors ??
Subject: behaviors ??

I have a graphic that I have placed 4 different hot spots on.
I would like to hover over the hot spot and have another graphic come up
and also be a hyperlink.

I have heard this can be done with behaviors but I have had no luck with
it.
I am running FP 2003.

Thank you for the help.
Rick

Murray

The problem is this, however.

A hotspot belongs to the page, not the image. So, if you apply a hotspot to
an image that will be swapped in, that hotspot does NOT swap with the image.
It's always present on the page whether the image is there or not.

You can do this with layers, and a bit of show-hide trickery, however.
Place the image in a layer that is positioned as you want it (make sure you
carefully avoid the problems with absolutely positioned elements detailed
here - http://www.thepattysite.com/layer_laws.cfm ((written for Dreamweaver,
but applicable to FP)) or here -
http://www.great-web-sights.com/g_layerlaws.asp ((revised for a more
complete discussion and more for FP))). Then apply the hotspot to that
image, and hide the layer (this will hide the hotspot as well). Now, make
your rollover show the layer, and bingo - your hotspot will appear as well.