Beep codes

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All,
Thought I would start a new thread on problems with Toshiba A30-514 laptop, as after many attempts it booted and I re-installed XP. It worked fine for about three hours then BSOD, so it must be a hardware problem.
It now produces beeps and having Googled the pattern I think it is a failed motherboard. However, I'm not sure which BIOS it is and would welcome any help to confirm.
The pattern is... long, short-long, short-long, short-long, short then a click and shut-down, which repeats until the ac supply and battery are disconnected.
If anybody can help I can then make a decision as to whether to get it repaired by Toshiba, as there does not appear to be a supply of spare parts.
Thanks in anticipation,
peahouse05:nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, you may have seen this page ... http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html ... you can rule out an AMI BIOS and Award was bought out by Phoenix, but with the age of the laptop it could be an Award BIOS.

If it is the MB, then, it may be beyond economical repair. :(

:confused:

Ask a Question