Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Can't decide whether to get Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty: MW3 (or both)? Check out this review of Battlefield 3 from Kit Guru:

"I have been playing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 together, getting to grips with the weaknesses and strengths with both titles. COD: MW3 left me with a rather sour taste in my mouth – because while I enjoyed the (short) single player missions I found that it was a strictly ‘paint by numbers’ experience, bringing nothing new to the table. Battlefield 3 has been the more enjoyable and entertaining of the two, without question."

You can read their reviews of both games here - Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
From all I've read BF3 knocks spots off of the latest CoD offering.

Impression I get is that the CoD franchise is getting tired and whoever's left of the original game making team appear to be just knocking out the same old stuff to make money.

Personally, I'm not buying either until they are at least around £15 each and then I'll probably buy both.

Quite happy atm with Skyrim (£30); Rage (£18) and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 £5).

Have also got Sonic Generations (£15 @ Amazon) on the way :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've played and own both. To me they both have quite a short and limited SP. MP is where both games shine.

CoD is still better if you like the fast paced, 'run and gun' or 'spray and pray' type of gameplay. with silly killstreaks going off every 10 seconds and that hectic 'headless chicken' style of MP.

BF3 is far more team oriented and actually is a lot better if played with friends whilst using some kind of voice communication like Mumble, Ventrillo or Teamspeak 3. If you try to play BF3 like CoD you will be cut down, its far more 'real' by you need to go from cover to cover, pick your shots etc etc.

CoD you could have a quick game on where as BF3 you tend to play it for a longer.

I wouldn't say either are anything massively different to the last version of each game (Black Ops and BF2/BFBC2)

I'd actually recommend if you want a CoD game for MP, then get either Modern Warfare (CoD4) or if you want a newer one, then its Black Ops. Why? Because the Multiplayer side is a far more rewarding game to play than MW3 will ever be.

Thats my take on it. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd actually recommend if you want a CoD game for MP, then get either Modern Warfare (CoD4) or if you want a newer one, then its Black Ops.

In complete agreement with you there, those two are easily the best MP experience in the CoD series in my opinion.

With a soft spot reserved for the sheer nostalgia of CoD 1 & 2 of course ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep, and as i forgot to say, they (CoD4 & B Ops) actually use dedi servers and not P2P for Multiplayer games. :thumb:

Very true, CoD2 eXtreme mod is epic. :D

Ask a Question