Bargain Battlefield 3 and PvZ GOTY - free for a limited time

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Free?! What's the catch?
There's no catch. Grab full games, expansions and more at absolutely no cost. Just make sure to act fast because On the House specials can appear and disappear at any time.
You mean a trial or demo, right?
Nope. You’re getting a full version of the real game — for free!
How long will I own the game?
Once you’ve claimed your game, it’s yours to keep!
Why is Origin doing this?
Our goal is to provide a great gaming experience and a way to discover awesome new games. Having a game in your library, for free, is a fantastic way to see what Origin is all about.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house

In before 'but you need to have Origin installed!!!!' comments. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Already got it :mad:

Funnily enough I was loking through my games yesterday evening, noting all the ones I'd paid for and never played cos I forgot about them and I opened Origin.

Still, I did get Plants & Zombies for free though haven't tried it yet.

I only installed Origin to play Kingdoms Of Amalur: The Reckoning (great game imo, I have the hard copy on disk, cost a fiver from Amazon some time back) but when I went to get the 'DLC' 's I noticed Steam were selling the whole game plus DLC's for less than Origin were charging for just the extra content.

So I bought it all from Steam, have played about 5 hours on Steam so far.

Origin is better than it was, though it seems to update every other hour which means I have to go look up my password every time that happens.

On Origin I have:

Alice The Madness Returns (Fiddly, frustrating, annoying, difficult but great graphics and atmosphere)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Great single player)
Battlefield 3 (Good single player so far, haven't finished it)
Crysis 3 (Very good, I'm three quarters completed and stuck atm)
Dead Space (A freebie) (I played this through from a disk copy but in Origin it plays like rubbish)
Dragon Age II (Very good imo, almost finished)
Kingdoms Of Amalur: The Reckoning (Loving It almost as much as Skyrim though not all will agree with me on that comparison)
Plants Vs Zombies (A freebie) (Dunno, not tried it yet)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Alice The Madness Returns (Fiddly, frustrating, annoying, difficult but great graphics and atmosphere)

An that is an understatement :lol: The game does make me laugh though.

Never thought i would turn down a free game but all the bad press surrounding EA turns me off.Besides i can not be bothered having yet another thing to update and sign into, Steam is as much as I can stand.An it will appear on a Steam sale for £1 sooner or later :lol:

CSB

Reaction score
Why I oughta!!!. Battlefield 3 for FREE. I paid I think £15 for it less than a few months back and I've hardly played it.

The zombies game might be worth downloading just to have it. I'm sure it's one of those Indie games which you find on Google's Android Play store.

Crysis 3 was completed very quickly as I concentrated on it for a few days. Great game but I got more satisfaction out of Crysis 2 to be honest.

I want to get back into my games but work has been offering overtime over the next few days at least so looks like I'll be here instead.

I've never played Alice although have seen it on display in Game. Did wonder if it was worth getting or not or if it's going to be one of those puzzle games like Monkey Island was and those just pee me off.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've never played Alice although have seen it on display in Game. Did wonder if it was worth getting or not or if it's going to be one of those puzzle games like Monkey Island was and those just pee me off.

Alice is a first person shooter, but you have to be on acid to make sense of it.
Laughing.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

Aye, what Abarb said. It's a first person shooter in a surreal setting with similar movements to the Tomb Raider series but infinitely more difficult.

If you can:

a) Rotate one hand anticlockwise above your head whilst rotating the other hand clockwise over your stomach at the same speed for an extended period
b) Play the piano, with one hand keeping up a boogie-woogie rhythm whilst the other hand taps out a Beethoven concerto
c) Play lead guitar and sing vocals simultaneously

Then you might stand a chance and enjoy the game :)

The game consists of four chapters, I made it through to a little way into the second chapter. A friend of mine who I consider more gifted than I in these things got as far as half way through chapter three then gave up exclaiming 'Impossible!'

This could've been a good game, great location settings and ideas but it's crippled by a stupidly difficult game engine.

In my opinion ;)

Ask a Question