Battery Life

Come on a girl with a new computer no need for sarcassm just let me know what
to tell you, this should be a helpful form. Not one for smart ass computer
geeks. My computer is a Dell Intel 1300, and not sure how to find out about
battery?
Thanks for your help

Enkidu

Bubba may not have been helpful, but it DOES depend on lots of things -
eg whether or not you use the laptop a lot or not.

Anything from a couple of hours to half a day depending on usage and
depending on what type of battery and so on.

Cheers,

Cliff

VManes

Peter's reply is good. But, what battery in what type of computer is the OP
asking about. I took the question to refer to main power source in a
laptop - a whole 'nuther problem.

If that is what Suzie is asking about - check the magazine reviews on the
model (or really close similar ones), they may be more accurate than the
manufacturer's claims. As another said, your particular use makes a
difference as well. Turning off wireless will extend useful work time, as
does turning down screen brightness. Hard drive and CD/DVD access can also
affect drain rate. Keep LIon and NiMh batteries charged up, don't let them
go fully flat often.

Val

--
"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
"Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
It should last at least 10 years...see this link:
http://www.computerhope.com/help/cmos.htm