Batten down the hatches

Reaction score
Think I'll shut my rigs down anyway, just in case.
After a year plus 24/7 they could use a night off..........mebbe use the time tomorrow to give them a cleanout (was meant to do that today).

So my crunching stats may sink for a few days....sorry.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
My psu has given up the ghost just at the mention of a storm . Guess it decided suicide was better than fryin g .

:(

Reaction score
Only one I've ever had die so far actually died when not in use.
Worked.....took it out to use in another rig before moving house.......settled in at new house...installed it and, nothing.

Weird.

That's why I hate turning my rigs off....dunno if they'll come back on after being left on for soooooooooo long

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yikes! Even the Govt has had an emergency meeting about the impending storms :eek:

The government's crisis committee, Cobra, held an emergency meeting in Whitehall last night as Britain prepared for overnight storms, predicted to be the worst of the winter. Story here.

The gale has just started to blow here, so think I'm also going to close-down the PCs tonight, just in case power is interrupted.

Stay safe everyone :wave:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/mar/10/weather.storms

Reaction score
Devon bracing itself.........hope this pesky wind hasn't been overclocked.

Reaction score
vaio said:
Devon bracing itself.........hope this pesky wind hasn't been overclocked.
And to think last week Minehead was a lovelly place to walk, today it's being battered by Force 11 winds!

Few trees down where i live & a lot of surface water on the roads.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
What's all the fuss about? Here, the sun is shining and there is a slight breeze.

Maybe it will arrive later. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Wind seemed to ease here soon as I went to bed.........but didn't risk my rigs anyway.
Musta picked up again cos my metal railing in the garden is down.

Just as well I wasn't out there cos the railing (was) 8 feet off the ground......coulda caused a nasty headache

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We got gusts to about 25mph here nothing to write home about..

Last weeks storm was far worse in the early hours when gusts reached over 60mph and that one was never advertised on the tv weather forecasts..Its always a fuss about nothing..:nod:

I think the west coasts of the UK are the worst hit with the sea battering ..

Reaction score
Aye, here on the "English Riviera" the water is pretty choppy.
Been blowy but nice this afternoon........detriorating quickly now though.......pretty wet out there again now.

Looks like my rigs may get another night off

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Been luverly and sunny out at Grange overlooking Morecombe Bay with all the mountains covered in snow . Looks just grand . A cracking spring day .

happywave.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Wow !! Some of you people have had it really bad.

A little rain here and a little wind - we've been lucky. :nod:

Reaction score
Been A little rain and wind here not to bad [Swansea] we are lucky as in FBS`s thread Swansea will be the warmest place in the UK, forecasters predicted in November. :nod:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It just went really windy here - and the Beetham Tower has been humming really loudly!! It's very bizar - only happens when the wind is strong and blowing in a certain direction :nod:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah same here its been fine all day then in the last hour we have quite strong gusts to about i'd estimate to 30mph..

Reaction score
Windy this morning, but dry, rain expected for the next 4 days with wind dying down.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Strong and gusty gale kept me awake for most of the night, so ... yawn ... hard to wake up this morning. Terry slept right through it "..gale..? What gale..?" It's a male knack, I just know it is :lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
"..gale..? What gale..?" It's a male knack, I just know it is
laughingsmiley.gif

My missus would agree with that ! :nod:

It's finally arrived here - the very strong wind I mean. Although, for now, there is a clear blue sky. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yep we got the wind here through trhe night aswell along with some rain . Looks ugh brrr outside at the moment .

nod.gif

Ask a Question