Bargins to be had!!

Reaction score
Just looked at taking a magazine subscription out for a year for a treat for myself.
Usual free gift offered that is no good for me so had a look for other offers.
And found one with the magazine i was after with a saving of 40% & no gift.
Seems offers are out there if you just look a bit!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
AS it happens, I did sortta save some cash. Friday night, late, feeling warm and wuzzy after some intake, I browse Ebay, dreaming about and loking at stuff I can't afford.

When I get an inkling for a reel to reel tape recorder, not quite sure where that came from except there were 2 models I used to sell when I worked in a Hi Fi shop, the Sony TC-377 and the Akai 4000DS Mk II. I spy a Sony and have a sort of bidding war, ending in me topping some other bugger with a £170 bid with a high bid set at £200.

And there it stayed. This morning I thought Shoot! I really don't need one of those, I'll hardly ever use it - what possessed me? So I look on Ebay on how to cancel a bid - you can't. I look to see if high bid can be cancelled - it cannot. Oh poop.

Oh well. Then at one minute before auction ends, somebody bids £5 over my maximum bid. Phew.

I wouldn't mind having an old reel to reel but I don't wanna pay silly money for one.

Right now there's an Akai 4000DS over at Uxbridge with one bid for £50, I might go to £80 for that and I can get the tube over there to collect it.

But I'm only going to bid when I'm sober ;)

Moral: Don't frequent Ebay when in a 'happy' mood ;)

Ask a Question