Bar Made From Arctic Ice Opens in London

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
A chilly bit of Scandinavia is coming to the heart of London's West End Saturday with the opening of Absolut Icebar, a bar made entirely out of ice right down to the art on the walls and the glasses for the drinks.

Are you feeling tipsy already? If so, go here to get drunk :D:p:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, I'd love to go somewhere like that. I bet is £30 for a drink though!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I bet is £30 for a drink though!

It is not the drink that you would be paying for but the experience of it all :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds like most of the pubs round here if they too tight to switch on the heating :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've heard of Ice Hotels in cold countries, but I never thought that there would be anything like that here! Brrrr! :)

Reaction score
Very cool .... but only 45 min at a clip... so definately would need to pre-game before going there.. and have a place to go afterwards. But while there I can definatley picture a freind breaking thier 'glass' and trying to suck the booze off the ice table to only get their tongue stuck. But it would make for a great picture.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Raje said:
...only get their tongue stuck. But it would make for a great picture.

Haha, exactly what I was thinking :D

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Its a bit smarter than the ones you get at the top of mountains when you go skiing! Their idea of wiping the bar is hacking off the top layer and then re-freezing a new "bar top".

I suppose it saves on dish cloths!:D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
For UK/NI/CI etc.... members, there was avery interesting article in 'Night and Day' magazine (mag with Sunday Mail) this Sunday about the Ice Bar.

Love

Gabs xx

Ask a Question