bad hub or bad USB port

Jspeedo

I think I know but, not for sure. I have my mouse going into a hub.
Sometimes my mouse wont work. If I unplug the hub at the USB port and
plug it back in to the port, the mouse work. This is leading me to
believe it is the hub at first. Than I thought it might be the port
itself. How do I tell or can you for sure?

philo

Jspeedo said:
I think I know but, not for sure. I have my mouse going into a hub.
Sometimes my mouse wont work. If I unplug the hub at the USB port and
plug it back in to the port, the mouse work. This is leading me to
believe it is the hub at first. Than I thought it might be the port
itself. How do I tell or can you for sure?

Don't use the hub...plug the mouse directly into the port...
if it always works with no trouble...then the problem is with the hub.

Some hubs are not powered...but have an option to power them...
so it may simply be a case of needing to use a power adaptor for it

Jspeedo

This hub is powered. will try.

-