Windows Vista Backup and Restore

Reaction score
After I had set up my new Lenovo (OS Windows Vista Business) last April I used Backup and Restore to backup the entire computer (7 DVDs). A couple of months later I had a major problem and had to reformat my pc back to its factory settings. After reformatting I tried to use the backup disks (thus avoiding having to do a lot of manual labour). Backup and Restore told me that it couldn't restore from my disks because I Hadn't made a backup!

That was months ago. I had no choice but to install everything manually. I would now like to make a new set of backup DVDs but would appreciate advice on how to get Backup and Restore to recognize them if I ever have to reformat the disk.

PS I have Lenovo Rescue and Recovery, but it apparently requires Norton AntiVirus which I have deleted.

Reaction score
boot your pc from lenovo rescue and recovery it would recovery ur pc as ur previous state then you should ur backup dvds for taking out backup....

Reaction score
Can you not check the discs on another pc to see if data is on them?
Most programs i run i back up all to 1 DVD disc.
To use 7 sounds like you backed up everything that was on the hard drive?

Reaction score
Reply to Murdoch

Yes, my intention as to back up the entire hard drive so that I would have a copy of the entire drive, thus saving me from having to re-install everything. My pc came with Vista installed but no disks at all. I am anxious to at least have a copy of Vista on a disk. I backup my important files onto a single DVD once a month.

Ask a Question