Windows XP Windows XP Backup Wizard

Reaction score
When using the backup wizard in my Windows XP everything works OK until I get to the end where it says to click on Finish to begin the system image process at that point I get a message that "The Files for the recovery diskette could not be created. The operation was aborted." Nothing I have tried seems to fix the problem. Anyone know what to do? The option I have chosen is "backup all information on this computer." I am using a WD Passport 1TB portable disk for a backup device, which I know works OK because I have backed up my other computer using Windows 7 along with some special files for controlling my sewing machines.

Reaction score
When using the backup wizard in my Windows XP everything works OK until I get to the end where it says to click on Finish to begin the system image process at that point I get a message that "The Files for the recovery diskette could not be created. The operation was aborted." Nothing I have tried seems to fix the problem. Anyone know what to do? The option I have chosen is "backup all information on this computer." I am using a WD Passport 1TB portable disk for a backup device, which I know works OK because I have backed up my other computer using Windows 7 along with some special files for controlling my sewing machines.
ok is the backup device you're using being recognised at all. Have you tried leaving the device in the computer and restarting the computer, sometimes this can find the device. If not try this link seems some have had a similar issue. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...te-could/bf15c9a8-e9ef-4862-a5a9-39cd23ef24fd

Ask a Question