Backing up Quicken files

Thom

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 with a CD-RW/DVD and I want to
backup Quicken files when I log off. I have not been able
to do this. The Quicken "Help" says that I
should "configure the CD-ROM drive to work like an
alternate hard drive and to look at the manufacturer's
instructions that came with the CD-ROM drive." There are
no such instructions.

Any suggestions?

Thom

Nicholas

XP's rudimentary CD Recording program does not permit backing up data
directly to a CD. You must create a new folder on your hard drive, perform
a backup to that folder, then record the contents of that folder to a CD.

Cannot Back Up Quicken Files to CD
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316415

Open XP's "Help and Support" and type: CD RECORDING , and hit enter.
The click on the topic titled: "Copy Files and Folders to a CD".

Burning CDs in Windows XP
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Saving files to CD-R or CD-R/W (Work-Around)
http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/saving_files_to_cd.htm

--
Nicholas

"Thom" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 with a CD-RW/DVD and I want to
| backup Quicken files when I log off. I have not been able
| to do this. The Quicken "Help" says that I
| should "configure the CD-ROM drive to work like an
| alternate hard drive and to look at the manufacturer's
| instructions that came with the CD-ROM drive." There are
| no such instructions.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| Thom

Bill Ash