Awesome cooling with existing household stuff!!

Reaction score
To celebrate my 50th (post that is) I thought I'd share this discovery with you...It's a combination case mod and cooling system that I've developed just using things that most households probably have...Yes, that's right, YOU TOO could easily install this system!

Check out the attached image and I'll run through the key components with you. If you're not technically minded, don't worry...someone on these boards will be able to offer guidance...

Essential components:
1. Dyson vacuum cleaner... rigged with the big sucky bit pointed at the rear of your PC chassis. (N.B. I found that this works best when on the 'Hard floor' setting). This MUST be plugged into a convenient socket, and the power must be in the 'ON' position.

2. Garden hose...The water expulsion thing at the end should be forced into any unused 5.25'' bay (of course you'll have to remove the bay cover ;) . (N.B. I found that by attaching this to an outside tap, it helped to cool the machine even more...but then I realised it was because I had the door open to pass the hose through and there was a draught..doh!)

3. One 1.82Kg (4Lb) bag of frozen garden peas...I found that the Birds Eye brand of this size allows for flush fitting to the top most standard chassis. (N.B. Ideally, the peas will have been in the freezer for at least 24 hours and will not have been opened).

I think the picture (if you can see it) is self explanatory in terms of the full setup. As for temperatures...well the hoover was running at around 50C, the hose at 15C and the bag of peas at 1C (but that was increasing fast so i'm thinking of attaching an 80mm case fan to that to tryt and cool it a little).

OK, it's extreme, it's wild and it's a little 'outside the box', and i know what some of you out there are thinking: ''1nteger's really lost it...why the hell didn't hego for petite pois? Am I right, or am I right? Well all i can say to that is:...shit I've gotta go empty my dustbag. 8)

Attachments

• 1nteger extreme cooling system.jpg
    1nteger extreme cooling system.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 281

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
dancestar.gif

That's the best I've seen in a long time.

:bow:

Ask a Question