Enough power?

Reaction score
Question...
With my new spec:

Asus Maximus X Power Plus Extreme Ultimate Gizmo Thingy Mobo
2000W Antec PSU (Modular of course)
128 Gb Corsair dominator destroyer RAM in Quad channel
Athlon 64 running at 8Ghz (Heavily overclocked and does smoke a little:cry:)
Birdseye Frozen Peas HSF (500g Bag or 2x500g for extra cooling)
10 Tb Hard disk (self-built by gluing a large number of old 20Gb HDDs together and running them in stripe mode)
Water Cooling system for chassis (Hose pipe through old Floppy slot)
Ultra-Monochrome Video with 24Gb dedicated Casio Calculator RAM

...could I run 'Angry Birds' in full colour on a 15'' monitor??

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nope, AB doesn't scale up or render correctly on a 15" ... you'll need to open in a 'window' and scale for a 3.5" iPiddle ... be sure and get the goggles. :)

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm afraid that this will not work,

Water Cooling system for chassis (Hose pipe through old Floppy slot)

This is a manufacturers clanger as everyone knows that running "water" through "old Floppy" causes very unpredictable results, catastrophic in many cases.

This should read "Guinness Cooling system for chassis (Hose pipe through old Floppy slot)" and preferably chilled Guinness. Naturally this will increase the running costs of the pc.
One other thing to bear in mind if adopting "Guinness Cooling system for chassis (Hose pipe through old Floppy slot)", is the fact that if too much Guinness is allowed to flow then keyboards and sound systems can be affected by random DJitis or RamblingStoryitis neither of which is permanent or a security risk. Though they might affect productivity due to temporary ROFLCOPTER or ROFLMAOAAPMP syndrome. There is a very slight risk of death due to ROFLMOTID syndrome though no confirmed deaths have been recorded to date.

:cheers:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score

This is a manufacturers clanger as everyone knows that running "water" through "old Floppy" causes very unpredictable results, catastrophic in many cases.

This should read "Guinness Cooling system for chassis (Hose pipe through old Floppy slot)" and preferably chilled Guinness. Naturally this will increase the running costs of the pc.
One other thing to bear in mind if adopting "Guinness Cooling system for chassis (Hose pipe through old Floppy slot)", is the fact that if too much Guinness is allowed to flow then keyboards and sound systems can be affected by random DJitis or RamblingStoryitis neither of which is permanent or a security risk. Though they might affect productivity due to temporary ROFLCOPTER or ROFLMAOAAPMP syndrome. There is a very slight risk of death due to ROFLMOTID syndrome though no confirmed deaths have been recorded to date.

You could of course always substitute Guinness for Murphy's, runs a lot smoother and less of a bitter aftertaste on the components due to condensation! :D :cheers:

Reaction score
You could of course always substitute Guinness for Murphy's, runs a lot smoother and less of a bitter aftertaste on the components due to condensation! :D :cheers:

@Abarbarian...thanks for the thoughtful, nay, insightful analysis that, if it were a neckline, would be both delicately lacy and yet daringly plunging. It shines brightly against a bland cosmos of negative thoughts and mediocre ponderings.:cheers:

@Crazylegs...Murphys instead of Guiness? Now you're just being rediculous:cry:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

Uncanny, Watson, absolutely uncanny.

One finds oneself slightly in trembly mode at the mention of one's slot, however.

Murphy's Vs Guinness?

Wranglers Vs Levis?

Sainsburys Vs Lidl?

Dr Martens Vs Primark?

80's 2 tone revival Vs Jamaican 60's Ska & Bluebeat?

Murphys is ok if there's no Guinness behind the ramp but strictly second choice ;)