AVG AntiVirus won't stop scanning!

G

I'm so sorry to ask this here, I know it's off topic but I can't find a forum at AVG's site and it was here that I initially found out about AVG AntiVirus. My question is, how long is a full system scan by AVG? I tried twice, once was 8 hours, the other 6 hours. I suspect the scanning process is stuck so I tried to stop it. Unfortunately, it won't stop. Then I had to restart my pc to get rid of AVG. What could be wrong?

K

kaylene aka taurarian

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_ts_index.php
Welcome to the AVG's Technical Support Pages
-----Original Message-----
I'm so sorry to ask this here, I know it's off topic but
I can't find a forum at AVG's site and it was here that I
initially found out about AVG AntiVirus. My question is,
how long is a full system scan by AVG? I tried twice,
once was 8 hours, the other 6 hours. I suspect the
scanning process is stuck so I tried to stop it.
Unfortunately, it won't stop. Then I had to restart my pc
to get rid of AVG. What could be wrong?

R

Ron Martell

Kinster said:
I'm so sorry to ask this here, I know it's off topic but I can't find a forum at AVG's site and it was here that I initially found out about AVG AntiVirus. My question is, how long is a full system scan by AVG? I tried twice, once was 8 hours, the other 6 hours. I suspect the scanning process is stuck so I tried to stop it. Unfortunately, it won't stop. Then I had to restart my pc to get rid of AVG. What could be wrong?

How much data on your hard drive(s) and how many files in total that
need to be scanned?

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."

P

Plato

=?Utf-8?B?S2luc3Rlcg==?= said:
I'm so sorry to ask this here, I know it's off topic but I can't find a forum at AVG's site and it was here that I initially found out about AVG AntiVirus. My question is, how long is a full system scan by AVG? I tried twice, once was 8 hours, the other 6 hours. I

It's nice to get rid of your 20 gig of internet temp files before you do
a full system scan. It's also nice to first disable all your other
background apps.

Ask a Question