Avast/Adobe

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Just put together a new PC from old parts. Installed 7 and did all updates.
Installed Firefox and tried to install Flash. but Avast keeps blocking it

Attachments

• sus.png
    sus.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 206

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
why are you installing Flash when FF has a bolt-on-in version ? It hasn't been 'fixed' you know, still has more holes than a sieve. :)

No comment on Avast, I may upset you, don't want to do that again with any Avast users. :rolleyes:

note: I use Avast on my smartie, I still think it's crap

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
why are you installing Flash when FF has a bolt-on-in version ? It hasn't been 'fixed' you know, still has more holes than a sieve. :)

No comment on Avast, I may upset you, don't want to do that again with any Avast users. :rolleyes:

note: I use Avast on my smartie, I still think it's crap

Problem is sorted. I was installing updates and that is what caused the problem..
When ya use MSE and swear by it, best not comment on Avast. Avast is a better AV by far.

As for your smaritie, you are lucky you are Muckshifter or I would let lose on what I think...........:lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I don't "swear" by any AV ... I just pick one that will do the job without too much bother.

NON are any better than another ... :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm not siding with anybody here but I will say what I think.

Avast is crap :)

Was a time when it wasn't, and there may come a time when it isn't but as of now imo it's tosh.

So tell me, software UI lovers, just what is it that you think makes one AV program better than another?

If I had to answer I'd guess it is the software's success rate of detecting and dealing with nasties. But there are other considerations, such as agressive installations which take over functions you wouldn't want them to and installation of 'toolbars' and proprietry software you neither want nor need.

Which is why, after years and years, I went off of Antivir.

What's that I can hear? Why, it's Sonny and Cher - And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on.....

Ask a Question