Windows XP Autorun SanDisk Problem

Reaction score
I can not get a new SD 2gb flash card to work in my SD drive. The card works fine in my Canon camera but when I plug it into my Vaio desktop I get a windows box that opens that reads "Autoplay" and then the flashlight that waves back and forth and then nothing. When I click on the drive it asks me to insert a card in that drive and will not recognize that I have put one in. I checked to see that autoplay is running in the system and set to auto and in fact it works fine for all my other drives. It's just a problem with the San Disk. When I ran autofix.exe I got a V2 error and the log said a problem was detected but that autofix could not fix the problem. Also, I tried to update the driver but Windows says I have the best driver in there and I don't know what other driver I would use. The device manager says the drive is working properly. I am running XP Home sp2. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Seth and welcome to PC Review :D

Something very similar happened to me recently. I had previously used the "Remove Hardware Safely" option before removing my SD card, then when I re-inserted it, it wasn't recognised by my photo software. The solution was to re-boot the PC, which "fixed" it and allowed me to use the card normally again..

If that doesn't work, I'm sure someone else here will be able to help :nod:

Ask a Question