Automatic morning email

clearview92

Hi,

I have searched through rules and settings in my outlook to do this an
I just can't find anything to do the following:

Simply put; I want my outlook to send a good morning email to a numbe
of people automatically at 8am every week day..

Am I going simple? I can 't find anything to do this

Bo

DL

Ye gads, if I was the recepient of such a msg the sender would likely be
added to my blocked senders list

VanguardLH

clearview92 said:
Hi,

I have searched through rules and settings in my outlook to do this and
I just can't find anything to do the following:

Simply put; I want my outlook to send a good morning email to a number
of people automatically at 8am every week day..

Am I going simple? I can 't find anything to do this

Bob

Not a feature that is native to Outlook. You will need a macro (add-on)
that performs a scheduled task within Outlook, like:

http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp

Of course, since it operates as an add-on, you will need to leave
Outlook running all the time. It probably works well enough but
remember that Outlook is *not* a mail server. You might want to check
if there is a server-side scheduled e-mail generator.

So, in this list of "good morning" recipients, did they actually opt
into your list? If not, you are spamming. Do they have the option to
opt out? If so, how do they opt out? By sending you a personal e-mail
and hope that someday you get around to updating your mailing list?
I've heard of (but don't remember) an add-on that assists in managing
your mailing lists to remove those who opt-out. However, if the
recipients never opted in then you are spamming them at least once or
perhaps several times until you update your mailing list to remove those
opt outs from your mailing list.

I know when I get this type of crap at work that I tell the sender to
desist. If they refuse, they get reported to their manager and to the
Mail Admin and IT folks. Status reports regarding builds, test
progress, or other daily reports don't qualify, but superfluous "good
morning" garbage, birthday announcements, and other personal garbage is
a waste of my time, waste of my bandwidth, waste of my disk space, waste
of bandwidth and disk space for the mail server, and interferes with the
purpose of *work* at the company. Remember that senders to whom you
spam can retaliate.

Note: If you want to participate in Usenet (newsgroups), use a real
newsreader (NNTP client) to connect to an NNTP server (there are free
ones, like from Microsoft) to actually visit the Usenet. Stop using a
forum that uses a webnews-for-dummies gateway to Usenet to *pretend*
that they have a larger community.

Fuzzy Logic

Hi,

I have searched through rules and settings in my outlook to do this and
I just can't find anything to do the following:

Simply put; I want my outlook to send a good morning email to a number
of people automatically at 8am every week day..

Am I going simple? I can 't find anything to do this

Bob

They will likely hate you for it. If you wish to proceed you will need something such as this:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/406140

Outlook on it's own is not capable of this.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Nonsense - Outlook CAN do this - see:

http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Fuzzy Logic asked:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
Subject: Re: Automatic morning email
From: "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 19:46:20 -0800

Nonsense - Outlook CAN do this - see:

http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Fuzzy Logic asked:

| @outlookbanter.com:

|| Hi,
|| I have searched through rules and settings in my outlook to do this
|| and I just can't find anything to do the following:
|| Simply put; I want my outlook to send a good morning email to a
|| number of people automatically at 8am every week day..
|| Am I going simple? I can 't find anything to do this
|| Bob
|
| They will likely hate you for it. If you wish to proceed you will
| need something such as this:
|
| http://www.tucows.com/preview/406140
|
| Outlook on it's own is not capable of this.

I stand by my statement as an external scheduler is required.

Quote from above article:

Once it works the way you like, you can use the command line with any scheduler. Naturally, you'll need to
have Outlook running for the item to actually be delivered.

clearview92

HI Guys,

Thanks for the replies.... I just want to add at this point that it'
not spam!!

My work colleagues use remote devices to connect to the exchange, w
had a problem twice when the exchange server wasn't sending emails t
remotes and the guys didn't realise....

This auto email is just to make sure that the guys know first thing i
the morning every morning that the exchange is working

Bo