Auto Responder sending reply to the wrong email

C

curb

My outlook 2007 is currently sending auto responses to the wrong email address...

This is what's currently going on...

- On the inbox, it has my emails with the name (John) next to their email subject.

- When I open up johns email, it says its from mailto:'(e-mail address removed) on behalf of John [mailto:[email protected]]'
Copying the "from:" and pasting it into notepad would give me this output - mailto:[email protected]; on behalf of; John [mailto:[email protected]]

- When I click Reply, the "To:" email would bet sent to - John <mailto:[email protected]>

- When I click Reply to All, the "To:" email would be sent sent to - John <mailto:[email protected]>; mailto:[email protected]

- When I set up an autoresponder (Rules - reply using a specific template), it replies to - mailto:[email protected] and NOT John <mailto:[email protected]>.

How would I set the autoresponder to only reply to John <mailto:[email protected]> and NOT mailto:[email protected]?.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

J

Jane

I have a similar problem.

I receive many e-mails from mailto:[email protected].
The e-mails have a different reply-to address from the one above.
Now normally, I click reply on each of the hundreds of emails, and paste in the same response. This works fine, but is time consuming.
I thought I could use a rule to simplify the whole process.

My problem is, in my rule, when I select reply using specific template, it replies to the "From" address of the original e-mail, not the "Reply to" address.

These people are not in my contacts, so that's not an option either.

I'm a bit out of touch with writing a script to do what I need, but I'm willing to try anything!

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Jane.

curb wrote on Tue, 03 November 2009 00:5

Ask a Question