auto correct option in word 2007

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to check with someone in the know about using auto correct to super script such as in dates, for example January 21st, with the st being superscripted or even basically added any letter combination to a field and have it super scripted or sub scripted every time I use it. I thought I had it mastered using the combination of rd to be super scripted and in fact it did superscript but when I taped the space bar to move along in the sentence it jumped to the next line and I've tried everything and couldn't get it to stop doing this. Has anyone ever had this experience and if so what did you do to resolve it. Thanks.

Manoli

Reaction score
There is a standard option for this in Word (Office Button | Word Options, Proofing Tab | AutoCorrect Options, AutoFormat as you Type tab, Ordinals (1st) with superscript checkbox) but if you want it to work for custom combination, I'd need more information. Are you having problems with the "st" or "rd" after a number moving to a different line? Or do you have custom AutoCorrect entries to do this and they aren't working correctly?

Reaction score
There is a standard option for this in Word (Office Button | Word Options, Proofing Tab | AutoCorrect Options, AutoFormat as you Type tab, Ordinals (1st) with superscript checkbox) but if you want it to work for custom combination, I'd need more information. Are you having problems with the "st" or "rd" after a number moving to a different line? Or do you have custom AutoCorrect entries to do this and they aren't working correctly?

Hi and thanks for the advice. I actually got the autocorrect to work for superscript without jumping a line. I'm not sure why it works but I put a space in front of the number/abbreviation and then added it to the autocorrect option and it worked perfectly. I guess even a blind squirrel eventully finds a nut. Thanks for the advice.

Manoli

Reaction score
Enable autocorrection in Word 2007 to help prevent spelling and grammar errors that you define or allow. Using AutoCorrect in Word 2007 can also be helpful for proofing a document for jargon, technical terms, or unique name spellings or when creating symbols such as a copyright or trademark symbol.Beyond spelling, use AutoCorrect to fix common errors, such as automatically capitalizing the first letter of a sentence or names of days, or correcting an iNVERSE cAPS lOCK pROBLEM and other typos.

Ask a Question