Audio/Video Skipping

Jim Hacker

Toshiba Tecra 8100.
Toshiba DVD.
700mghrz (sic)

I have DVD Mediamatics and "PCFriendly" DVD player loaded.
Don't know where PCFriendly came from. HELP says
Mediamatics is a Toshiba product.

Question:
Any Audio/Video I play (including games, online talk
shows, DVD's, etc) the Audio AND Video has a hesitation
while playing. It's like a skip on a vinyl record as it
rotates. I bought the Jerry Joyce "Troubleshooting Windows
2000" and think it may be the DirectX. I have the 8x
version and have been told to download the 9.0b. I ran the
troubleshooter and the spinning box hesitates as well, but
tells me there are "No problems found."

Any suggestions?

R. J. Salvi

Jim Hacker said:
Toshiba Tecra 8100.
Toshiba DVD.
700mghrz (sic)

I have DVD Mediamatics and "PCFriendly" DVD player loaded.
Don't know where PCFriendly came from. HELP says
Mediamatics is a Toshiba product.

Question:
Any Audio/Video I play (including games, online talk
shows, DVD's, etc) the Audio AND Video has a hesitation
while playing. It's like a skip on a vinyl record as it
rotates. I bought the Jerry Joyce "Troubleshooting Windows
2000" and think it may be the DirectX. I have the 8x
version and have been told to download the 9.0b. I ran the
troubleshooter and the spinning box hesitates as well, but
tells me there are "No problems found."

Any suggestions?

You might try uninstalling and then reinstalling your sound card
drivers...an updated version if available (for those with "fast" audio
problems especially).

Also, you might try lowering your video card's hardware acceleration to
none. If that solves it, gradually increase the setting until the problem
reappears.

Jim Hacker