Audio problems

Reaction score
I have no sound from my speakers or pc and having checked everything I find I have no audio device undersounds and audio devices,I have tried reinstalling but am now totally lost as to what to do....

Reaction score
Have you installed the latest drivers?

what version of windows are you using and what sound card?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Have you ever had sound from it? When was the last time you had sound from it, and what did you do before you lost the sound?

The only thing i could say now it to try and re install the drivers.

Reaction score
Windows xp with unimodem and pci audio devices and sound was perfect before then I installed a speaking message from a forum and now nothing...

Last edited:
Reaction score
How do i determine and install drivers again as this is doing my head in!!!! When i go to sound and audio properties it tells me all is working ok..

Reaction score
go into add and remove and find your audio drivers. Remove them. Reboot your computer.

Grab the cd with the driver on, install it, reboot.

does that work?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't suppose it's something silly like it's been muted or the audio device has been switched to something different? (such as a pair of USB headphones).

Onboard sound or sound card?

And delete that talking message as well.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I don't suppose it's something silly like it's been muted or the audio device has been switched to something different? (such as a pair of USB headphones).
Are the speakers turned on? ;) just messin.

also open audio properties (the pic of a speaker by the clock) and see if anything is muted. if it is, un mute it. turn al volumes up too.

Reaction score
I have uninstalled all drivers ,the speakers are plugged in and in the correct jack in yhe pc but still nothing.....I can´t find the software for the talking message to delete it and i am sure that i have not gone deaf yet!!

Reaction score
OK, have you tried using a dirrerent pair of speakers? (Or headphones)

Is the green light on, on the speakers? are ther internal or external?

Reaction score
when i unattach the speakers noise does come from them so they are working,all it is is there is no audio device working but i can´t find it anywhere....

Reaction score
Hi,
Please could some1 help me. I rebooted my computer and then my sound didnt work
please could some1 help me

Thanks

Ask a Question