Audio garbled and balance skewed.

Reaction score
Sometimes when I play a mpeg video it sounds garbled until I pull the headphones out slightly. I can listen to music.. but it sounds washed out and only sounds good if I put the balance slider all the way to one side which does NOT decrease the volume in any side of my headphones or speakers at all. I do have a switch that I use to switch between headphone and speakers but no matter which output I use or even bypass it and plug directly into my computer it still does it. I am using win amp for the music and WMP for the video although I used Win amp for the video with same result.

It is my understanding that the volume should shut off on one side completely if the slider is moved all the way to one side. I have used the windows volume slider with same result. I have even checked to see if there are more recent sound card drivers but I do not think there are for my integrated card.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question