ASUSTEK L4000H 1.0 sound drivers

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a an old ASUS laptop which i formatted yesterday but now I cannot get my sound back. Any idea which drivers i should install and where to get it?

Laptop model is ASUSTEK L4000H 1.0 and i can see some "name" on the lower part of the laptop "L4000H notebook PC"

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Chege
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

What OS did you format the laptop with ? This will help finding drivers for you, as Different OS's use different Drivers.

Edit: Or you can look hereASUS Support and download them.

Reaction score
Hi Madxgraphics,

Sorry for providing scanty information. I have Windows XP Pro Sp2 installed.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi Madxgraphics,

In the meantime i have done the following with no positive results:

I uninstalled the drivers from 'Device Manager' and tried to reinstall and it runs and shows me that it is installing "SiS 7012 Audio Driver" and when it is about to finish it displays the message "Cannot install this Hardware. There was a problem installing this hardware:Multimedia Audio Controller. An error occured during the Installation of the Device.The name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name"

I downloaded drivers from asus(V1.06a) for my laptop model and installed but it still gives me the same error message.

I edited Registry HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and deleted the Sound Drivers and restarted the laptop. Run installation again but...still getting same error message.

PS:
The problem might not be drivers but old installation..just a thought.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I'd say try find a decent driver removal tool and remove the drivers that way. Then try re-installing them..

Ask a Question