Asus a7v600-x

Reaction score
I've purchased an asus a7v600-x motherboard since my old one broke down. The new mb has a different chipset than the old one. It manages through POST and BIOS. Everything is just fine until windows 2000 is starting up on my old hd. Then I get an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE stop message. It's no problem booting up with the boot disks for windows 2000. Then I try to repair the windows installation by selecting the automatic repair process. After doing so, the same stop message pops up when rebooting. I've also tried to use the recovery console. In the console I've disabled the IDE boot services hoping that windows will load a better (perhaps even compatible) driver. I don't know how everything works in windows 2000 but since I can start a recovery console upon the current installation, mustn't there be a way to manually replace the startup files?

regards,
Viggy

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry ... but NT, that includes Win2000 & XP, need to be "clean-installed" if you change the MB ... or you can be there till the cows come home trying to "fix" it.

;)

Reaction score
Ok, that unfortunatelly means reinstall some programs which I don't have files for :( .
Thank you for replying.

regards,
Viggy

Ask a Question