Are you happy where you are? Or would you like to be somewhere else?

Reaction score
The good lady and I love Las Vegas Not for the gambling but for the places you can go. We have been to the Grand Canyon three times both sides and down the bottom along the Colarado River, Hoover Dam and down the Black Canyon rafting and on the Lake Mead cruse, Death Valley & Scotties Castle, Redrock Canyon three times once on horseback riding western style, Valley of Fire twice, Mount Charles, Gold mines in Arizona, Down the Colaroado to Lake Havasu where the old London Bridge is. Then there are the shows they are fantastic especily, Blue Man Group, Donny & Marie and so many more. Good times to go there are middle of March to end of May, middle September to end October because of the heat or the cold in winter they can have snow as Las Vegas and the valley is 2,500 ft above sea level, but in summer temps can excede 110 f.

Reaction score
P.S to Quad we dident start going on far away places until I turned 61 yo and now 71 going on72 so there is time for you.:nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I have been left a small legacy and I have a plan.
I recon I will buy a small house/bungalow or some such as a bolt hole for when I am no longer active. With the rest I am almost sure that I will buy some sort of canal boat and spend a few years investigating the waterways of our fine island.

:cool:

I wonder where all the folk in this 2005 thread are now ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well you certainly can't complain that you've been having a crap year anymore then, lol

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well you certainly can't complain that you've been having a crap year anymore then, lol

I'm a tyke we have degree's in complaining.

Well me mum nearly died in January. Then she did it for real on April. My sisters only child had a miscarriage a fortnight later. My sister is not very good with deaths so she has been a right mess. I have had to fight tooth and nail to get a carers allowance so I could look after me mum early on this year. I spent the first three months of this year commuting every weekend a 200 mile round trip. Then I have been doing the same trip almost every fortnight to look after all the stuff you have to do after a bereavement.
I drove over a double white line in January and did not see the blue meanie two cars behind me. Was overtaking a tractor and hay wagon that I had been following for ten or so miles at 15 mph.I put of the case for as long as I could and had to go to court a fortnight after me mums passing. As this infringement would make my total points 12 I thought I would loose my licence which as you can appreciate would be not a good thing in my position. I managed to talk my way to keeping my licence. However the four months of waiting were pretty stressful. Mainly as I knew that telling me mum would cause her to worry and fret a great deal. An obviously being stuck in the sticks with no wheels did not fill me with joy.
Cameron the munificent waved his wand and the effects of that have caused me no end of stress.
The place I though I would live out my days in has new landlords since April and who knows what they may do.
Due to some of the above and with probate not settled I do not wish to move right now or look for future accommodation.
I had been thinking about an electric bike for a few years and with the loss of my licence looming with almost 100% certainty. I purchased one a week before my court case. This purchase had some yet to be resolved problems, to do with extras not the bike itself initially. However a fault occurred in the forks and I have been without my bike for six weeks. I may related the awful treatment that has been doled out to me by the so called cycle experts from the shop one day. So that has been causing me quite considerable additional stress. Mainly caused by me trying to control a growing anger that has been building day by bikeless day.
The order and build within two weeks plan for my first super pc has hit the fan and I am now nearly at the end of a second no pc month.
I went to the docs to see about my left ankle, he sent me for a x-ray on my right hip. I did not have the jets to even question that decision.
I spent eight weeks taking sleeping tablets as I just could not sleep without. I tried but could not sleep without them. An the only tablets I ahve taken in the last twenty years have been my thyroxine an if I could do without them I would. I hate tablets and they do not agree with me.
Then there is the year old printer that did not on the very day I needed it.
So I recon it is going to take some time for me to de stress.

I do have the joy of looking for a new home. With all the excitement of meeting new friends in a new strange environment. More joy getting a new home in good repair and decorated. These joys seem a long way of at the moment.

Oh I forgot to mention the car problems and a whole load of on their own inconsequential mishaps and gremlins but added up and added to the above have really stretched me.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ah, so, pretty much a typical year then ... hope you have a great Xmas. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
@Abarbarian I am so sorry to hear of the sad loss of your Mum. That in itself, with all the attendant worries - first with her illness, then the horrible business of sorting-out matters of probate, etc., is quite enough to have on one's plate, without all of the other on-going events you mentioned. You have my sincere sympathy.

Have you met the new landlords yet? Do you think it might be worth trying to have a meeting with them, to see if there would be any alternatives to you having to give-up your current home? Or are you thinking that they might intend to alter the surrounding environment, in a way that would not make it so pleasant? It hardly seems like a good time to have to be house-hunting, whilst you are still feeling so stressed.

I hope very much that life will start to improve for you soon and wish you all the very best. :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
'kinell, that sure is a lotta crap to wade through oh Barbaric one, I sincerely hope things get sorted for you, good luck.

Look on the bright side though, you couldda been skint and that would have been the double dirty. Indeed, the triple dirty :(

Reminds me some of July '02, not a particularly good time in my life but I still be here :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
@Abarbarian I am so sorry to hear of the sad loss of your Mum. That in itself, with all the attendant worries - first with her illness, then the horrible business of sorting-out matters of probate, etc., is quite enough to have on one's plate, without all of the other on-going events you mentioned. You have my sincere sympathy.

Have you met the new landlords yet? Do you think it might be worth trying to have a meeting with them, to see if there would be any alternatives to you having to give-up your current home? Or are you thinking that they might intend to alter the surrounding environment, in a way that would not make it so pleasant? It hardly seems like a good time to have to be house-hunting, whilst you are still feeling so stressed.

I hope very much that life will start to improve for you soon and wish you all the very best. :nod:

Thanks for the thoughts Taffycat.

The new landlords took over in April but it was four months before they contacted us and offered us new contracts. So that was a tad worrying. They do seem pretty decent Land Agents.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
'kinell, that sure is a lotta crap to wade through oh Barbaric one, I sincerely hope things get sorted for you, good luck.

Look on the bright side though, you couldda been skint and that would have been the double dirty. Indeed, the triple dirty :(

Reminds me some of July '02, not a particularly good time in my life but I still be here :)

Yeah well me chinese horoscope said this was going to be one of the worst years of me life an overall they have been pretty accurate over the years.

Your right about the loot factor. I really do feel sorry for folk who have had the Cameron miracle who do not have a get out of jail card the real ones not the con artists

I mentioned to me mum before she died that my upcoming medical work assessment would be done by a physiotherapist. She commented that even the germans in the second world war used proper doctors in the forced labour camps. Ah well times and definitions of decency change. ;)

Reaction score
Well if I had the dosh I would love to move out to Boulder City, Nivada, USA. Close enough to go to Las Vegas and enjoy the shows but far enough away from the hustle and bustle. and close enough to get into the State and National parks. Also close enough to visit friends in LA.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, its no worries, just a bit of a blast from the past. :)

Ask a Question