Are you happy where you are? Or would you like to be somewhere else?

Reaction score
Ok. Lets say you had a choice.. Where would you go and what would you do?
Would you go on holiday andf then return home? Or would you uproot and leave the Uk or whereever you live?
Personally i'd travel the world for a few years. Nothing new there i might add. Asia is awsome. Maybe id stay around that area. But more than likely i'd goto Oz for a while. Start a business and then work hard for a few years then retire to Thailand. So what about everyone else? Give me and others your thoughts. Where would ya go? Give us a reason. Cheers!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
after i have done all my A-levels and uni course i will hopefully go to the states to get a job

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
after i have done all my A-levels and uni course i will hopefully go to the states to get a job

Why the states?? Surely there is better countries than the USA? How about. Oz? NZ? Again. Why?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I would do what my step-brother and his wife are doing - take a year out and travel the world! Why? Because I'm curious :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i want to be a motorsport engineer and motorsports are big in the states but if i can find a job in OZ i'll move there, basically anywhere hot that they speak english ( i cant do foreign languages ) and pay lots of money

Reaction score
Motosports

Me__2001 said:
i want to be a motorsport engineer and motorsports are big in the states but if i can find a job in OZ i'll move there, basically anywhere hot that they speak english ( i cant do foreign languages ) and pay lots of money

Trust me. Oz and NZ are crazy for motorsports.!I know i used to live there. Its another option instead of the states. I've travelled many countries but never the USA. No great desire to go there. OZ mate is a good idea. IMHO. Look into it!

Reaction score
I"M FROM THE USA!!!! I lived Brazil, and various areas of the US. Though I have not ever had the pleasure of visiting any Eupopean countries I hae to say, I love home. Though Me_2001 if your looking for some place in USA that is warm and speaks english you are going to need to live in the midwest with the cowboys. As far a motorsports mechanic- well between, Nascar and the X-games i'm sure thier is something here for you, though you may have to attend a US school for a while. It seems we are snobbish when it comes to education, not that we are a leader in the world for it, we just seem to insist on our teachings , I have no idea why??? I wish we would switch to metrics already. Here in southern Florida English is a second language. Well thats an exageration, in reality its probably 25% Solely english speaking; 45 % Englsih and Spanish speakers and the rest speak no english at all.

Reaction score
I am trying to go to a new college being built next to my Auntie in Singapore lol :) Singapore is by far the best place ... i love it

We might be getting a house there aswell (tennis court too) hehe :) or swimming pool dunno yet lol

My mum's side is from Singapore you see lol :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Home sweet home! I would love to travel around the world and see as many places as I could but its too late for me to be thinking that way at 46 with a teenage girl and a boy. I have decided to spend it instead to give them the best education I can.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's a funny thing, but I had no desire to go to the States until I met lots of Americans through these online Forums. Take a good look at the States, it's huge. There is so much to see, so many different geographical regions, even so many sort of cultures as well, I really want to go there, and I probably will, soon, I be going to St. Louis, I think. Or maybe Dallas, or maybe both. I think New Orleans would be kinda cool, as well.

Prior to that, I'd always fancied going to Australia, and I still do. Huge land, large unpopulated areas, would love to get a Land Rover and just drive.

But, really, anywhere in the World where I'd feel safe I'd love to see. I would not feel safe in Iran or Iraq, for instance, which is sad.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Quad

It's never too late and you are just a spring chicken!!

Gabriella x

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... but its too late for me to be thinking that way at 46 ...
Humbug.

I never went on 'holidays' till I was 50 ... now the 'kids' are teenagers you got NO excuse. :D

:thumb:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I be going to St. Louis, I think. Or maybe Dallas, or maybe both. I think New Orleans would be kinda cool, as well.

Iv'e been to St. Louis, Missouri (And you might not know this, but Americans get royally annoyed if you pronouce it "Louey" - it's Pronounced "Saint Lewis"...) a few times - it's only a 5 hour drive from Kansas where my american friends live - and also a stop off point for the drive from Galena Kansas to Chicago Illanois - a 10 hour drive.

It is a very nice place and i thouroughly reccomend it.

However - don't take your first impressions of America from cities - it's just not accurate. You need to see real america - like where i go, and am going next week. Take Joplin Missouri - a fairly average sized town/small city - you go into wal*mart and they ask you where your from - you say England - They say "nooo.... thats a Florida accent". You can only laugh - most people there haven't been out of their own state. Even when i went to school out there with my mate people would flock round and ask you to say stuff because they had never seen an English person in the flesh before - and they were all 16 or 17!!

I love it - can't get enough of it. When i can afford it i'll fly out and stay out there on my own with mates again for a month, like in '02 and '03 - they were the best times of my life.

In stark contrast, you go to NYC and you would find it diffficult to find americans there! None of the taxi drivers speak english and the people sitting on the breakfast table next to you are of course english. Its a good place though, Manhattan, and it's a safe place to walk about. Prefer Kansas/Missouri though.

As you probably guessed im at college bored again... Ill stop rambling...

Chris

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i have been to California, Las vegas Nevada, Mississippi.
if you like gambleing/entertainment i highly suggest yall go to Las Vegas :D
other wise im not too sure were i would go if i could... i kinda like my state, but i would like to go to Japan or the Uk.

Reaction score
Used to live in Atlanta, Georgia, when i was 4...

Been to Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Chicago Illanios, New York City to name but a few...

ALL were good.

Reaction score
HMMMM WELL im in the USA proud of it... Well i have been to alot of states dont wanna name them thoughh... If i could go some where i would go to alaska i love the cold :D floridas killing me with the heat. Hurricanes are suppose to be bad again this year so sadddd. But i had a opprotunity to go to Hungary in europe my neighbor lived there a year with his hungarian girl friend.

But i would like to go to Australia but everything can kill you there lol.. If you like hot sunny days muggy nights come to florida oh and masquitos... Chicago is real nice i would recommend there to. and dont be afraid of the states its very nice and some floridans are kind also. i deal with people all day and they love me :D Just my two sense since im here i dont like people talking about it :D

Ask a Question