are we a bunch of idiots?

anonymous

I have posted MANY questions concerning problems I have
been having that have taken much of my time trying to
solve. I have posted here hoping to get SERIOUS answers
and DETAILED SOLUTIONS to help me with my problems, but I
have noticed many postings (including some of mine) NEVER
get answered, and even when they do, some M/F will list
a "workaround" (usually a one liner)that never addresses
the root problem or gives a list of several probable
causes - usually one probable cause in about three words
and that is it. Most replys assume everybody is a G/D
computer guru and rarely gives enough detail for the
average user to even try what has been told to do. If we
all knew how to "ping this", "check this", "edit
that" "etc, etc" we would not be here in the first place.
Some people give you only links to their business web
sites so to get you there to buy something. I have seen
some that were detailed enough to at least take up two to
three minutes of time to test, but most take less than 15
seconds. Do I have anybody out there who feels the same?
Come on guys and gals, post your repy and maybe we can get
answers that have a little more depth to them!!! WE MAY
NOT BE COMPUTER WIZARDS BUT WE'RE NOT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS
EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Patrick

Most of my replies (and a lot of others) assume some general knowledge. If
this isn't the case or if more details are in order then it's up to the OP
to reply to the same post with the request for more detail. After all it is
a two way communication.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
|I have posted MANY questions concerning problems I have
| been having that have taken much of my time trying to
| solve. I have posted here hoping to get SERIOUS answers
| and DETAILED SOLUTIONS to help me with my problems, but I
| have noticed many postings (including some of mine) NEVER
| get answered, and even when they do, some M/F will list
| a "workaround" (usually a one liner)that never addresses
| the root problem or gives a list of several probable
| causes - usually one probable cause in about three words
| and that is it. Most replys assume everybody is a G/D
| computer guru and rarely gives enough detail for the
| average user to even try what has been told to do. If we
| all knew how to "ping this", "check this", "edit
| that" "etc, etc" we would not be here in the first place.
| Some people give you only links to their business web
| sites so to get you there to buy something. I have seen
| some that were detailed enough to at least take up two to
| three minutes of time to test, but most take less than 15
| seconds. Do I have anybody out there who feels the same?
| Come on guys and gals, post your repy and maybe we can get
| answers that have a little more depth to them!!! WE MAY
| NOT BE COMPUTER WIZARDS BUT WE'RE NOT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS
| EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!

I have posted MANY questions concerning problems I have
been having that have taken much of my time trying to
solve. I have posted here hoping to get SERIOUS answers
and DETAILED SOLUTIONS to help me with my problems, but I
have noticed many postings (including some of mine) NEVER
get answered, and even when they do, some M/F will list
a "workaround" (usually a one liner)that never addresses
the root problem or gives a list of several probable
causes - usually one probable cause in about three words
and that is it. Most replys assume everybody is a G/D
computer guru and rarely gives enough detail for the
average user to even try what has been told to do. If we
all knew how to "ping this", "check this", "edit
that" "etc, etc" we would not be here in the first place.
Some people give you only links to their business web
sites so to get you there to buy something. I have seen
some that were detailed enough to at least take up two to
three minutes of time to test, but most take less than 15
seconds. Do I have anybody out there who feels the same?
Come on guys and gals, post your repy and maybe we can get
answers that have a little more depth to them!!! WE MAY
NOT BE COMPUTER WIZARDS BUT WE'RE NOT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS
EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!

.

People who post replies to this NG are not paid. If you
don't like the answers/non-answers, then go someplace else.

Ben-Zion Joselson

The Internet as a whole is indeed a kind of democracy,
whereby any "citizen" is free to roam if some other web
page looks more attractive or useful.

BUT, the Microsoft Newsgroups are Microsoft's only answer
to most users of Windows and IE and Office, etc., because
MS does not offer first aid for a price that may be
acceptable to most private users.

This is why there should be an official Microsoft
Newsgroup "Moderator" (as in serious Forums), who
constantly monitors the answers posted, and provides
support if unsuitable or wrong or too concise and unclear
answers have been posted.

I think there is somebody doing the monitoring in MS,
because they have a web page named "Best of the
Newsgroups".
However, the support part is yet to be fulfilled.