Just Thought I would throw this in the melting pot.

Reaction score
Found this in another Website and found it interesting spin on things:-

Mansib Rahman, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft Canada
18.1k Views • Mansib has 50+ answers in Microsoft.
Generally, Linux is favorably perceived by Microsoft employees. Why wouldn't it be? Do you like Linux? Well guess what, we're just like you. We like Linux for all the same reasons as you. Just because we work at Microsoft, it doesn't mean that we eat nails and belong to a cult. Microsoft employees have a varied background. Some have worked at Google or IBM and probably even Red Hat before joining Microsoft. Others learned about Linux in academia and have come to use it every day since. Linux isn't perfect (nor is Windows), but there is really no reason for any of us not to like it.

That being said, there are many employees who don't care much for Linux. Just like there are many that don't care for iOS. Heck, there are Microsoft employees that don't care for Windows. To each their own. I can't speak for everyone, but for many of us, an OS is just another tool to get the job done. When I need to use Outlook, Word, Visual Studio or play Age of Empires, I'll get on my Windows machine. When I want to use vim, host a Minecraft server, deploy a node.js app, or automate a bunch tasks on python, I'll ssh onto my Ubuntu vm on Azure. Contrary to popular belief, microsofties are typically not very dogmatic about technology.

Reaction score
A couple of local councils are going down the route of open source O/S, Browser & Open/Star Office.
And it comes down to the cost & support of the product offered to the users.

Reaction score
I gather that a lot of Local Authorities are going down that route as is Central government. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Microsoft spin. Technical Evangelist? Ugh.

MS know when they're the whipping boys and all that stuff is designed to make you think that MS employees are normal human beings.

They're not.

Ask a Question